Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by becky ·
Hello
Did you have problem for establish.
Could you please let me know how to get establish?
please check if you follow this flow.
RE: RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by tandis ·
I have no problem with establish mode. I go to listen mode and when I click the connect button in the terminal , it goes to establish mode and SSR shows 0x17. For buffering data I am reading RX_FIFOR but I just get number of data that has been received , but in the other sequences when I read that register there is no data.
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by tandis ·
Yes, I can get ping and I can also connect to the device properly. But I have problem in reading registers. I can just read RX_FIFOR once and when I read it again there is no data in it, while a packet has been received
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by tandis ·
My main problem is the reading process. I can not read registers after eachother. I can read on register once or two different registers after each other. I do check Sn_RX_RSR value and it shows the right value, but then I can not read RX_FIFOR. I can just read RX_FIFOR0 once without reading other registers before that.
RE: RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by becky ·
Sorry, it is difficult to know the cause.
I want to know if you followed that.
Please check it.
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by tandis ·
Thanks for the reply! I do not use Sn_TX_FIFOR in my code at all. I just write in CR and read the result in Sn_SSR. When initializing, listening and establishing are done , I do the reading process of Sn_RX_FIFOR.
I should mention that I also have problem in reading Sn_SSR sequentially
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by tandis ·
I have a seperate code of reading process( a reading function). I use that for reading any register. First I read Sn_SSR for initializing , listening and establishing.Then I go to Sn_RX_FIFOR reading process.
I have problem in every step. I can just read just one of the registers not all of them sequentially.
.
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by becky ·
Sorry I’m confused about Sn_RX_FIFOR and Sn_TX_FIFOR, but the same is true for Sn_RX_FIFOR .
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by tandis ·
Does it mean that I can not read Sn_RX_FIFOR0 and after a delay read Sn_RX_FIFOR1? Should I read them at the same time? Sorry I am confused
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by tandis ·
WiznetReadWrite_Process : process(s_CLK_20M)
begin
if rising_edge(s_CLK_20M) then
This is my reading process
And here is a part of main process which I start initializing in TCP mode after setting all socket registers and IP, MAC , PORT , … :
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by tandis ·
Thank you for the idea! I will change s_read_trig to 0 in other states and check the result. I will let you know
RE: Problem in reading W5300 registers with Spartan6
by adityagour ·
Hi
If you could interface w5300 with spartan-6 then kindly let me know. Did you interfaced using microblaze or did u used HDL for interfacing.