Python TCP client
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Python TCP client
by izimobil ·
FWIW, here’s a screenshot of the packets captured by wireshark when I run the sample code:
RE: RE: Python TCP client
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi izimobil
Is there any reason you put timeout ?
I think the timeout is too short and no need it.
And WIZ550S2E does not loopback your data.
It bypass tcp data to uart data. (so the name is WIZ550 serial to ethernet module)
If you want to check data from PC, you need connect WIZ550S2E and PC via uart
Any way, could you try it again remove timeout?
And… I still cannot understand why WIZ550S2E send FIN packet…
could you share the wireshark file? no capture.
I want to check the details about first syn packet options.
the below capture is the test between python and 750s2e.
you can check the data from uart terminal.
thank you
RE: Python TCP client
by izimobil ·
Hi Lawrence !
Many thanks for your reply.
If I disable the timeout, the script hangs indefinitely on the “sock.recv(1024)” line, meaning that it receives no response from the unit with the WIZ550S2E card.
I realize I wasn’t very clear on what I’m trying to achieve.
I’m writing a software (running on a PC) that want to send and receive packets over TCP to a serial based software running on a micro-controller with a WIZ550S2E card connected to it’s serial port, so the communication should be bidirectionnal.
Here’s a diagram:
I attached the wireshark file of the script running with the timeout removed.
test.pcapng.zip (721 Octets)
Thanks !
RE: Python TCP client
by izimobil ·
Hi again,
If it can help, I tried via telnet, and same: I can send data but not receive.
Here is a telnet session that closes because I did not sent the password in 5 seconds (normal):
And one that stays up because I sent the password (note that there’s no response):
Attached the wireshark file for the second telnet session.
telnet.pcapng.zip (797 Octets)
Thanks.
RE: Python TCP client
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi,
Thank you for more detiails!
First, I would like to check what you have done for tcp loopback.
I put the picture for explaining WIZ550S2E normal operation and what customer have to do for loopback.
Basically. WIZ550S2E only bypass tcp data to serial data. And… that’s it.
If re-send the received data from serial, mcu must control WIZ550s2e to send the data with send command.
Could you check how the red part you have done?
thank you
RE: Python TCP client
by lawrence WIZnet ·
If you are looking for the loopback example, here is the link.
hope it will be helpful