Problems connecting to WIZ752SR-120
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Problems connecting to WIZ752SR-120
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, James
Thank you for finding the incorrect information about WIZ752SR-120
And so sorry for being confused.
When I tested WIZ752SR-120 & WIZ120SR-EVB, it worked.
(I configured the module with Releases · Wiznet/WIZnet-S2E-Tool-GUI · GitHub)
I will check the pin details and reply again.
And could you share more details about how to set up WIZ752SR-120 and how to test it ?
Thank you
RE: Problems connecting to WIZ752SR-120
by scott WIZnet ·
Dear @JamesMassey
Sorry, there is an error in the datasheet of WIZ750SR-120 and WIZ120SR.
Schematic and Silkscreen are right.
Pin information for WIZ750SR-120 and WIZ120SR are as follows:
Pin 1: TX-
Pin 2: TX+
Pin 3: RX-
Pin 4: RX+
However, the WIZ750SR-120 and WIZ120SR are supported with Auto MDIX, so they operate normally even when TX and RX signals change.
If you have WIZ120SR-EVB, you can use WIZ120SR-EVB.
WIZ750SR-120-EVB does not exist.
Thank you.
Scott
RE: Problems connecting to WIZ752SR-120
by JamesMassey ·
Thank you guys for responding.
I will definitely get a WIZ752SR-EVB and check it out.
Scott, the WIZ752SR-120 board I have in my hand shows the following pin out on the silkscreen:
Pin 1 TX-
Pin 2 TX+
Pin 3 GND
Pin 4 RX+ (Different between schematic and silkscreen)
Pin 5 RX- (Different between schematic and silkscreen)
As far as how I tested:
WIZ752SR-125 Connected PC to UART1 via null modem and used a serial terminal program to change the IP address and the gateway to match my network. I could then ping the board at the fixed IP address I set. I then used a TCP terminal program connected to the same fixed IP address and port for UART1 (5000) to send characters back and forth between the TCP terminal program and the serial terminal program. Everything worked fine.
WIZ752SR-120 Connected UART1 to my micro and sent serial commands to change the IP address and gateway just as I had done on the WIZ752SR-125, and saved the settings (readback correct after power cycle), yet the device does not show up on the network.
Thank you again - I will see what I can learn from the eval board.
James
RE: RE: Problems connecting to WIZ752SR-120
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, JamesMassey
Thank you for the description.
So, you tested WIZ752SR-125’ uart & ethernet communication based on PC connection.
Then you connected WIZ752SR-120 to other MCU board via uart, then… connected WIZ752SR-120 to PC via ethernet?
Am I right?
And… what do you mean the device does not show up on the network?
Is the device WIZ752SR-120?
and dose not show up on the network mean no searching on the wiz config tool (if it is, which tool you use?) ?
Also, I need to know which firmware version you use.
Could you show more the detail to me?
Thank you