My TCP connection do not close
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: My TCP connection do not close
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, electrosaeed
Can you check one more with wireshark?
This is open s/w for check all internet packet.
https://www.wireshark.org/download.html
I tried to make the same case with you but could not.
After install the wireshark, please follow below simple guide.
select your internet adapter
filter your peer ip & tcp
ip.addr== peer ip && tcp
Could you try again with the close command weather there are FIN packet or not ?
Thank you
RE: My TCP connection do not close
by electrosaeed ·
Thanks @lawrence, I found the problem as follows:
When I use “close” command for closing TCP connection, the connection really closes but the server side do not figure it out (not only my app, even windows do not know). So when I try to make new connection using “connect” the server suddenly knows closing and opening connection in same time, so my app (using C# async) think that the connection is closed and throw an exception.
When I changed the command from “close” to “disconnect” it let server to know that the connection is closed so the problem solved (before I was used “disconnect” command after “close” command so it does not work correctly).
RE: RE: My TCP connection do not close
by lawrence WIZnet ·
You made it !!
Right, close command forces tcp connection close. that is why pc or app does not close normally.
Thank you for reply!