Basic setup of W6100
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Basic setup of W6100
by kkovacs ·
Update: I have now used Wireshark to view the packets being sent by the Hercules Setup Utility, and it seems that Hercules only sends the requests over wi-fi, not Ethernet. When I click “Connect” in Hercules, Wireshark shows a connection packet coming through on the wi-fi monitor, but not on the Ethernet monitor… I can’t find any info on how to fix this.
Update2: I was able to send raw Ethernet packets through my Ethernet adapter by using a Linux VM and inspect them with Wireshark. I will try to see if that can trigger the interrupt in my Arduino version.
Update3: Sending raw packets to the correct MAC address (11:22:33:aa:bb:cc in this case) and the correct IP address (192.168.1.99 in this case) still did not trigger the interrupt on the W6100 for the Arduino version.
RE: Basic setup of W6100
by irina WIZnet ·
7 of Steps with io6Library:
What you saw through serial is the W6100’s information.
IP address mean the W6100’s IP address(192.168.0.13) and it is no the IP address of PC.
Therefore the 9 of Steps with io6Library is set incorrectly.
If you use dynamic address(DHCP), you have to use DHCP the W6100 and PC.
You have to download the arduino ethernet library for W6100 and Of the branch, the W6100 branch value should be apply and download.
This link is arduino ethernet library for W6100 : W6100 Arduino Ethernet library
RE: RE: Basic setup of W6100
by kkovacs ·
I know that step 7 is showing the W6100 IP address. In this page, it says to set the PC address and the W6100 address to the same thing. For DHCP, the option for “obtain an IP address automatically” should be set in the network adapter options, but then how do I know what the IP address is?
I am looking into the Arduino library now.
RE: Basic setup of W6100
by irina WIZnet ·
In this page ,
This comment mean that same network area.
And If WIZ550io and PC set the same IP/subnet mask, they can’t communicate.
You need IP address for communicating. If you want to know that How do I set my computer to DHCP? If yes, you refer this link : Change TCP/IP settings
RE: Basic setup of W6100
by kkovacs ·
I tried using the new Arduino Ethernet library with a router in between the W6100 and the PC. The router’s IP address is 192.168.1.1, which I set as the DNS address and default gateway address. Using the Chat Server example, I was able to use Telnet to connect to the W6100. I then printed out every register in the W6100 by using VDM to read them all out and looked at the differences between the register state from my code and register state from the example code. I noticed that the subnet mask in the example was set to 255.255.0.0, whereas I had mine set to 255.255.255.0 instead.
After changing to the correct subnet mask, I am able to get the interrupt triggering in the non-library code version. However, I am still confused as to why the subnet mask has to be 255.255.0.0. As for the IP address and DCHP, I still don’t understand because I assign an IP address to my device, but then shouldn’t the DCHP re-assign it another address? I think I should read more about subnet masks and about DHCP.
Update: using 255.255.255.0 actually still works, but in my header file I had these lines:
which is backwards from how it is supposed to be. After fixing this issue, the registers are set correctly. The correct assignment looks like this:
RE: Basic setup of W6100
by kkovacs ·
I am now successfully sending and receiving data over Ethernet with the W6100. Thank you so much for your help!
RE: Basic setup of W6100
by irina WIZnet ·
I’m glad it all worked out for you, then
Please feel free to contact me if you have further question.
RE: Basic setup of W6100
by NUK ·
Hi,
I have Arduino MKR Zero Board and W6100 MKR- Ethernet Shield. I am interfacing both using SPI connections and using Latest Wiznet Ethernet Library but I am unable to ping the Ethernet Shield. I am using MOSI, MISO, SCK and CS pin too. What Ethernet Library should I use for W6100 if there is any? Please guide.
Regards,
Najeeb