Module not starting correctlly
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Module not starting correctlly
by Eugeny ·
Please provide
RE: RE: Module not starting correctlly
by johanan ·
Thanks.
Here is a link to the schematics.
I am not very familiar with wireshark, I am looking at it right now, will upload log later.
Let me know if something is wrong/missing from this design.
Also, I wonder if there are some grounding issues that can create such problems.
Johanan
RE: Module not starting correctlly
by johanan ·
I nailed it…
termination resistors on PHY connection were 49.9 K instead of 49.9 Ohm…
Makes a lot of difference.
Now all works OK.
RE: RE: Module not starting correctlly
by Eugeny ·
Great!
You are not the first one with this mistake, and not the last one
RE: Module not starting correctlly
by johanan ·
BTW, will it be OK if I replace the W5100S with the pin compatible W6100 on board? (hardware - I know the library need to change)
Thanks