W5100S Socket-less ARP function
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5100S Socket-less ARP function
by Eugeny ·
Datasheet says:
I suspect it is what you are looking for - you must respond to previous ARP before next ARP arrives, otherwise new ARP request overwrites previous one. Did I understand your problem correctly?
But for me it sounds ridiculous.
RE: RE: W5100S Socket-less ARP function
by Hamish ·
I see that documented under section 3.1.31, however, I may not have explained that in this case, I’m not responding to ARP requests, I am sending them and then reading the result from SLPHAR. The first operation always works as expected, and subsequent operation solicits the correct network request and response. After the first response, the SLPHAR register is no longer updated, and will always contain the data from the first occasion that the SLCR[ARP] is called.
I’m not too sure what you mean by
How do I respond to an ARP when I generated it and received the response?
May be, there something else that should be done to complete the process before issuing another ARP command?
Subsequent ARP commands and responses are not overwriting the first one in SLPHAR.
RE: W5100S Socket-less ARP function
by Hamish ·
So, after much experimentation, I’ve learned that I’m not able to clear SLIR[ARP]
This is causing the next ARP call to complete when SLCR == 0, but SLIR[APR] == 2.
Put in a long delay and SLPHAR does update with the correct response.
I guest the question now, is, how do I force SLIR clear, any one? 3.1.39 indicates [RW]
RE: W5100S Socket-less ARP function
by Hamish ·
OK, now I understand the counter intuitive nature of the SLIR.
In order to clear an interrupt bit, it must be set…
My suggestion for the next revision of the manual is this.
This now works for me.