Faults in W5500-based prototype board
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Faults in W5500-based prototype board
by Eugeny ·
It may help if you explain the way you soldered chips you have now on boards.
I think these are the causes, especially overheating. I had to replace 30 W5100s some time ago because almost all of them were behaving weirdly, and I identified that I used too high temp when hand soldering.
Take another W5500 chip, remove existing, and solder this new chip in at the temperature recommended within the datasheet.
RE: RE: Faults in W5500-based prototype board
by kwendenarmo ·
All are drag soldered using a non ESD-free chinese soldering station. Same technique and soldering station that I used for the prototypes of the previous plate based on the W5100 without problem, considering that the W5100 has a smaller pitch and is more complex to solder.
I knew this could introduce bugs, but I also have experience soldering this type of components and as there was no problem with previous chips I was confident that not all of them were affected or there were more things involved.
I’m glad to know it’s a problem that may be the cause of something tangible.
I’ll try to replace one as soon as I can, and see if I have different results. Thank you. I’ll keep you posted.