W5300 receive is incorrect
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5300 receive is incorrect
by Eugeny ·
You must give more troubleshooting information about your issue and show the example, what is wrong.
RE: RE: W5300 receive is incorrect
by dehghan ·
Dear Eugeny
Every thing is OK I have ping packet also when I send some byte from w5300 to pc I can get it correct but when I send from PC to w5300 RSR size is correct but packet size and data is incorrect.
RE: W5300 receive is incorrect
by Eugeny ·
Then you most probably read wrong part of the buffer. You do not say which protocol you use - TCP, UDP, IPRAW or MACRAW. Do you know what should you expect in the buffer and where this information must be located? I recommend you study the datasheet and check your code to ensure you do things correctly.
RE: W5300 receive is incorrect
by dehghan ·
I use TCP two first byte in Rx-FIFO is packet size and other one is data
RE: W5300 receive is incorrect
by Eugeny ·
I asked for example. Give example of the case when your W5300 receives packet, tell us what is the packet data size sent by the PC, value in RSR after W5300 receives data and value of “byte size of DATA packet” you read from the RX buffer. Also tell us if data following this data size word in RX buffer represents user TCP/IP data sent by the PC.
RE: W5300 receive is incorrect
by dehghan ·
For example when I send 1 2 3 4 as string I get RSR=6 packet size som time 90 sometimes 180 and data 34 34 34 33 that I should get 49 50 51 52. I should mentioned somtims after power up borad for first send I get correct data but when I repeat send I get wrong data.
RE: RE: W5300 receive is incorrect
by Eugeny ·
I do not understand what you say.
If you send “1234”, only 4 characters over TCP, then RSR must be 6, and first two bytes at the RX pointer must read as 0x00 and 0x04 (or vice versa depending of state of FS bit of MR).
Did you confirm with Wireshark that networks gets the data you expect it to have?