WIZ107SR need to factory reset module...
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ107SR need to factory reset module...
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, Grogster.
The latest version of WIZ107SR module does not support the physical(hardware) factory reset function.
Below links will help you.
If you are having difficulty performing firmware recovery, Please contact the person you purchased the product from and request a RMA.
RE: RE: WIZ107SR need to factory reset module...
by Grogster ·
Hello.
I have finally had a chance to have another play with this problem, and the other threads are suggesting that the module should be found if I point to 192.168.11.2 as a default IP address.
This is NOT working. I can neither ping 192.168.11.2 nor will the config tool talk to the module on that IP address. The config ping also times out with that IP address.
Can you please give me more exact instructions on what I should be doing to effect a factory reset on these modules. Perhaps I can do something with the MAC address, the sticker with that is still on the top of the module?
Many thanks for any reply.
RE: WIZ107SR need to factory reset module...
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, Grogster
You can recover your WIZ107SR module using factory firmware in below link.
At this time, you have to program the flash memory using the WIZISP tool for W7100A MCU.
Download the WIZISP program via the link below and try to recover your product.
http://www.wiznet.io/wp-content/uploads/wiznethome/Chip/W7100A/Utility/WizISP_Program2.1.1_and_Guide1.0.zip
Below link will help you for using WIZISP tool.
I’ll guide you through a simple product recovery steps.
I hope this answer will help you.
Regards,
Eric
RE: WIZ107SR need to factory reset module...
by Grogster ·
Awesome, thank you very much.

I will try this later tonight and report back.
I also thank you for such a quick reply - was not expecting that.
RE: WIZ107SR need to factory reset module...
by Grogster ·
Hi there.
OK, downloaded new firmware OK, but still can’t talk to the module.
In the Config Tool, what should be in the ‘Input code’ box of the search window?
I expect this needs to say something like WIZ107SR or something - I tried that just to see, but no response.
EDIT: I have tried another module, and I can talk to this one just fine with the config tool. Perhaps the one I have been trying to get working has been damaged or something? I am open to any other suggestions, but I think I will just swap modules for now. I would have quite liked to have got the problem one going again though.
RE: RE: WIZ107SR need to factory reset module...
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi Grogster,
Unfortunately, your module hardware may have suffered damage. If your test the modules on same recovery process but some device does not work, you can suspect damage to a module that is not working.
Request an RMA through our distributor where you purchased the product.
However, if the appearance is damaged, such as soldering marks, or if the product is too old to be purchased, the RMA may be rejected.
RE: WIZ107SR need to factory reset module...
by Grogster ·
Yes, I think that must be the case.


Oh well. At least I tried.
I will throw this one away and use the other one that IS working. I will have to replace the dead one from your on-line shop.
Thanks for trying to help me anyway.
G.