W5300 LEDs Blink/Flash to disconnect Link While Receiving Video Packates
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5300 LEDs Blink/Flash to disconnect Link While Receiving Video Packates
by Eugeny ·
I have the same issue with few W5100-based devices, and I did not find the cause for it (to be precise I do not have time and do not have need to do it yet). Device behaves exactly as you say - at some point in time its LEDs turn off for a second, then turn on and communication seem to continue (not sure about it). Examining the board and quality of assembly did not reveal problems, thus I suspect that it is networking chip issue.
In my understanding it may happen because:
My recommendations to you:
RE: RE: W5300 LEDs Blink/Flash to disconnect Link While Receiving Video Packates
by hammi ·
Thank You @Eugeny for replying
‘‘if you have another board replace this malfunctioning one and see how it performs. Probably even better idea, as soon as you have two identical boards, exchange them so that this malfunctioning board appear the one sending stream to PC and see if any board continues to malfunction;’’
I have two DSK-INET boards stacked on each other. I have swapped their position but the board connected lower is the one with unstable LEDs. Upper DSK-INET daughter card is working fine. I have tried to use only one daughter card but the problem still remains no matter which card I use. I have even changed the camera and encode but it seems problem is within the chip. It can not send packets from its TX FIFO while reading from its RX FIFO even at 300 Kbps.
W5100 and W5300 are quite similar devices. what were your data rates and applications?
RE: W5300 LEDs Blink/Flash to disconnect Link While Receiving Video Packates
by Eugeny ·
Not clear - you say that when you swap boards issue stays with specific board? In other words, when second board is connected to the camera, it does not reset its PHY? Then does first board, when it looks at the direction of the PC, work without such symptoms?
RE: W5300 LEDs Blink/Flash to disconnect Link While Receiving Video Packates
by hammi ·
I mean to say the board which is connected directly to the EMIF interface of DSK6713 blinks its LEDs like resetting them. Wheather this board is receiving from camera or sending to PC it behaves same in both cases. The board stacked above this board wheather it is receiving from camera or sending to PC is with stable LEDs. When I interchange their position the board who had stable LEDs is now directly in contact with EMIF interface of DSK6713 and is now blinking its LEDs. So problem doesn’t seem to be a faulty board. They all blink LEDs when they are in direct contact with EMIF interface of DSK6713. The board stacked up is not blinking LEDs.
If it is still confusing I can share you picture.
RE: W5300 LEDs Blink/Flash to disconnect Link While Receiving Video Packates
by Eugeny ·
I am looking here into section 1.1 as I am not familiar with C6713 board. Is it the one you use? I see that “EMIF” is eternal memory interface. How did you connect W5300 to it?
RE: W5300 LEDs Blink/Flash to disconnect Link While Receiving Video Packates
by hammi ·
yes exactly I am using this board. W5300 chip is available in DSK-INET daughter card from Bitec. You can also search that on internet. This daughter card is connected to DSK6713