WIZ550S2E not reconnecting to TCP server
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ550S2E not reconnecting to TCP server
by Edward ·
Hi.
Sorry, It don’t open capture file.
Is it wireshark tool file?
please refer to wireshark file to me.
I want know your all configuration system diagram or real pictures.
Are you normal working configuration tool search? Then It is normal working.
Therefore, Which use to serial system?(rs232 or rs485)
Or you have to checking to configuration network setting (IP, subnet mask, gateway, port).
Please tell me all information.
Thank you.
RE: RE: WIZ550S2E not reconnecting to TCP server
by CristianM ·
Hello,
My system is composed of MSP432 microcontroller connected via UART to WIZ550S2E.
I am programming the tool via UART, not using configuration tool; it is an application constraint to program WIZ550S2E via UART; however, the configuration tool could not find the module at my home computer (I described the situation in the other post Data mode not working on WIZ550S2E), however at my work computer it worked and I do not know why!
I am using UART to program WIZ550S2E;
The module is configured to use DHCP and connect as a TCP client to a server created on my computer using Hercules.
I still do not know why it does not work in data (transparent) mode.
Please tell me if you need other information.
Captures.zip (26.4 KB)
RE: RE: WIZ550S2E not reconnecting to TCP server
by CristianM ·
I made a Wireshark capture at my home computer to see why the Configuration Tool does not see the WIZ550S2E module. After I click Search I do not see any packets generated from my PC.
I mention that I have the latest Java Runtime Environment at my home PC and work PC. Why does the Configuration Tool not work at my home PC?
RE: RE: WIZ550S2E not reconnecting to TCP server
by CristianM ·
Did you manage to reproduce the problem? It only happens when I close the server (Hercules), wait a few seconds and open it again - WIZ550S2E does not reconnect.
RE: WIZ550S2E not reconnecting to TCP server
by Edward ·
Hi
If you run with virtual machine in PC, you must turn off to virtual machine.
Thank you
RE: WIZ550S2E not reconnecting to TCP server
by CristianM ·
I am not using virtual machine. However, the most important question is why doesn’t WIZ550S2E reconnect if the Hercules server is closed and opened again after a few seconds? It only reconnects if I unplug cable and then plug it again.