Establishing connection with W5500, Novice
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Establishing connection with W5500, Novice
by Kei ·
Hello.
Are you trying to implement the Serial to Ethernet feature using the W5500?
First of all, I need to know what library or example you referenced.
If you only refer to ioLibrary, it depends on your code.
In this case, it is difficult to give more answers unless I check your code.
Have you ever referenced Opensource in Url below?
[url]https://github.com/Wiznet/WIZ550SR[/url]
The source at this URL is the source of the Serial to Ethernet module. If you have not already see so, please see this first.
In addition, I need network information (IP Address, SubnetMask, Gateway …) of your PC and network information applied to your device (W5500 + MCU).
Best regard,
Kei.
RE: Establishing connection with W5500, Novice
by ThermalSon112 ·
I believe that yes I am trying to use serial to Ethernet. I have an SI7013 temperature/humidity sensor transmitting data via I2C to my Zero Gecko MCU. I would like to take that data and transfer it via SPI to the W5500, and then transfer the data out via Ethernet to a controller/PC application. I2C and SPI are functioning well.
I am using code from the ioLibrary successfully for reads, writes, inits, resets, etc. Specifically I am using W5500.c, socket.c, and wizchip_conf.c. I am also referencing efm32tg840f32_w5500_20131220.zip, a loopback example for the Tiny Gecko.
I have been statically assigning an IP address, default gateway, and subnet mask using ctlnetwork(CN_SET_NETINFO,…).
A good pseudo code example of how to achieve what I am trying to do would be very helpful, as I am lacking direction. I have found little information in the spec and do not have a clear set of objectives as to how to transfer my data. I would like to even be able to plug my Ethernet device into a router and detect it. Then I think I can write a mini web-server and send data via XML. But first I need to establish connection.
I will take a look through your linked example and continue hammering away at this.
Thanks!
RE: Establishing connection with W5500, Novice
by Sachin Singh ·
UDP-STM32F100-W5500- Working Code
#include<stm32f10x.h>
#include<stm32f10x_gpio.h>
#include<stm32f10x_rcc.h>
#include<stm32f10x_usart.h>
#include<stm32f10x_tim.h>
#include<stm32f10x_spi.h>
#include<stm32f10x_exti.h>
#include<misc.h>