Building a board with W5300 need to select a crystal/oscillator
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Building a board with W5300 need to select a crystal/oscillator
by lawrence WIZnet ·
hello, jefarro
Thank you for your interest in W5300.
As you know, OSC must be supplied by 1.8V.
The Best case is supplying 1.8V to OSC from regulator.
But if it is hard to make 1.8V on your FPGA, (it is not recommanded), you can use 1.8V output as a power for OSC from W5300.
And only for OSC, not the others.
You can check more details with below link
[url]http://www.wiznet.co.kr/product-item/w5300/[/url]
This link gives you the schematic ref files.
[url]http://www.wiznet.co.kr/wp-content/uploads/wiznethome/Chip/W5300/Hardware/W5300_ref_schematics(2010_2_12).zip[/url]
Thank you,
lawrence
RE: RE: Building a board with W5300 need to select a crystal/oscillator
by CZEMacLeod ·
@jefarro Did you get a good oscillator in the end. I am having trouble with our design currently.
I have tried the Abracon ASE3 1.8V Oscillator with ref schematic option 2 for internal Phy.
I assume the chip is not clocking, (although I am not sure how to tell?) because when I read any address I just get the MR default value 0xB800.
RE: Building a board with W5300 need to select a crystal/oscillator
by lawrence WIZnet ·
could you share your design?
First we can check the design then check the interface.
Thank you
RE: Building a board with W5300 need to select a crystal/oscillator
by CZEMacLeod ·
I can perhaps share parts of the design, but most of it is under NDA. Is there a private support email I can perhaps use rather than a public forum?
I prototyped with the WIZ830MJ module connected to a Nucleo-H743ZI board and based my design on the reference schematics for each; other than switching from a crystal (part number was not specified in any of the documents and I could not find a suitable crystal using a parametric search on digi-key, farnell, rscomponents etc. based on the details in your spec sheet). I used your option 2 in the ref schematics for an oscillator instead using the ASE3 mentioned previously and I can see the clock output on an oscilloscope, but the W5300 doesn’t seem to respond properly.
RE: Building a board with W5300 need to select a crystal/oscillator
by scott WIZnet ·
Dear @CZEMacLeod
Can you send me the design file? Image files that are not original files are also fine.
We can analyze it only if you send us the file.
scott@wiznet.io
Thank you
RE: Building a board with W5300 need to select a crystal/oscillator
by CZEMacLeod ·
I have sent you a couple of emails now, but no acknowledgement or response…
?