TCP send problem with direct connection to PC
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: TCP send problem with direct connection to PC
by MOHOMAX ·
And I just noticed that with some ethernet cables everything is working well. But I can’t see difference in cables: all of them are cat5, all of them have the same connnection scheme
RE: TCP send problem with direct connection to PC
by lawrence WIZnet ·
hello, MOHOMAX
Thank you for your interest in W5500.
So sorry, I could not find any other problem with etherner cable so far.
I wish you try to connect other PC or check it the cable normally working.
W5500 supports auto negotiation . So, It is hard to find any issues with cat5.
thank you
lawrence
RE: TCP send problem with direct connection to PC
by Candela12 ·
maybe turn automdi off on the adapter?
RE: TCP send problem with direct connection to PC
by MOHOMAX ·
I already tried a lot of different cables and connection variants. I tried different W5500 boards so it can’t be board defect (if schematic done right).
I have 3 PC to test my board:
All of them have Linux installed. I also have ethernet switch MOXA EDS-205
To connect our W5500 board I use two pairs cable. 4 pairs cable also was tested.
If I put ethernet switch between W5500 and any PC - works fine all the time.
I tried to disable automdi - didn’t help.
RE: TCP send problem with direct connection to PC
by MOHOMAX ·
We found the problem. Problem was in Rx and Tx pull-up resistors: instead of 49.9 Ohm resistors 49.9K were installed.
RE: RE: TCP send problem with direct connection to PC
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Good to hear that!!
If there are any questions, please feel free to ask!