Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
by gossamer ·
My mobile device is sending 42bytes long ARP while PC sends 60bytes ARP where last 18bytes are padding 0.
Why is w5100 ignoring 42 bytes ARP ? while it respond to 60byte and starts the TCP communication after that …
RE: Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
by Eugeny ·
To which port number?
To which port number?
This is to be proven. I recommend you, after you check port numbers, to set up linux of windows machine in bridge mode (lan-lan or wifi-lan) just before W5100, and use wireshark to capture what is going on with the interface. Then you will see what is really happening there, and can do more or less reliable conclusions.
RE: Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
by gossamer ·
Port number is 2000. Same TCP server instance connects the PC (eth, wifi) but not mobile.
I have Linksys WRT54 with DD-WRT firmware and running tcpdump there. Thats how I saw the diff between package size of PC arp and phone arp packets.
Although, tcpdump doesnt show me the header and CRC, so I cant really say if packet is filtered by w5100 or before. But my phone connects perfectly on PC tcp server or on wifly module (over the same wifi router, and not directly to AP connection).
I will try to figure out how to get wireshark working cause I would like to see if w5100 is sending ARP response or it ignores it…
RE: Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
by gossamer ·
hmm, found out the issue. For some reason MAC address Ive set to w5100 was the problem ?! changing the MAC, w5100 started to accept phone connection…
Any idea why ?
RE: Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
by Eugeny ·
You had multicast or locally administered bits set? There was a conflict two or more devices having same MAC address?
Which one you had did not work and which one works now?
RE: Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
by gossamer ·
I am not sure what you mean by this.
I wouldnt say so, I picked a random numbers for the mac address, which is probably a bad idea
This one does not work with mobile phone, but it works with wifi connected PC and cable connected PC.
0x0f, 0x3f, 0x00, 0x33, 0x12, 0x44
And this one works for all of the devices:
0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 0xED
RE: Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
by Eugeny ·
Bold value is having bit #0 set. Read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address#Unicast_vs._multicast
RE: Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
by gossamer ·
Oh ok, now I see. I just randomly picked the MAC. I didnt expect there are restrictions.
Thanks Eugeny.
RE: Connection timeout from wifi mobile to w5100 tcp server
by Eugeny ·
I did the same mistake in the past