UDP problem
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: UDP problem
by Eugeny ·
Which registers you initialize, and with which information - in both main registers area and respective socket area, before you have problems?
RE: UDP problem
by LukaszS ·
I am using standard initialization written using the documentation. MR is all 0’s. Iahve two sockets active, one for each protocol.
I just noticed one thing. I can open the socket as TCP, write to DIPR and and DPORT, and then close it and open again as UDP. Then the values are kept and packets do get send. This is obviously no solution to the problem, just an observation.
RE: UDP problem
by Eugeny ·
Four LSB of Sn_MR zero means socket is closed, and of course nothing will be sent. Sn_MR should have value 02.
Flow is the following:
RE: UDP problem
by LukaszS ·
Oh, I meant the main Mode Register, I obviously set the protocol in Sn_MR. I also don’t think the problem is with the configuration (as I said, I am able to send packets using some weird workarounds), but I’ll double check everything to be sure.
RE: UDP problem
by Eugeny ·
Sequence of register initialization matters, and there’re some circumstances when register will read 0s until you perform some action - I do not remember exactly, but like in TCP mode after you open socket you set up remote IP address, but until you issue CONNECT request you read 0s from IP address registers. Only after connection request is made these fields read what you would expect them to read
RE: UDP problem
by LukaszS ·
Yes, I noticed this. Obviously there is no CONNECT request in UDP, I was wondering if there is another operation thet would validate data written to the registers. I believe that my code is analogical to the one in documentation, but I will check it again to be sure. Thank you for your help, do let me know if you think of something to add