Can't get Wiz5500 to communicate with pc via Ethernet
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Can't get Wiz5500 to communicate with pc via Ethernet
by Eugeny ·
It seems you are trying direct connect? What is network topology?
I assume you talk about your PC on the network because 169.254 is IP address auto-assign feature of Microsoft Windows when it can not find DHCP server. And of course, with this address you will not see anything on the network using Wireshark installed on this PC. You have to ensure this PC is “included” into the network receiving proper IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.3) from gateway/DHCP server configured pool. As soon as both devices - W5500 and your PC are on the same network, only then you may be able to see some communication (except if you send broadcast UDP packets). Also, W5500 should have valid gateway listed in its gateway register, because W5500 relies on the gateway to perform specific actions (in particular perform ARP process).
RE: RE: Can't get Wiz5500 to communicate with pc via Ethernet
by ODM428657 ·
Eugeny,
I know this is a very old post but I am having the same problem. Can I share my setup and hopefully you can provide some insight?
RE: Can't get Wiz5500 to communicate with pc via Ethernet
by senso ·
Thanks for your response, so, I can’t just connect the Wiz directly to my pc for debug/code development?
I need to connect it into a switch(not that is a problem, just curious/want to know).
I dont understand a lot about network(ing), as you might already noted, and I have spent days around this little critter(in a good way), what would be a valid gateway value for W5500?
EDIT:
Connected the board into the switch, Wireshark up and running, there is no packet from the W5500 MAC adress, I have also tried changing the GW into the GW that the network assigns to my laptop(192.168.32.3), going by the TCP_Server state machine, I’m still stuck getting 0x14 from this line:
funcVal = getSn_SR(SOCK_ID_TCP);
And so the only thing that happens is that is says sock init(from the SOCK_INIT state) and nothing else happens.
I cant be sure if this is an hardware or software problem right now
I have already checked all the footprints a dozen times.
EDIT2:
It was indeed a problem with IP/gateway!
It finally works!
So happy that I can ping the board.
Thanks again for your insight.
Best regards.
RE: Can't get Wiz5500 to communicate with pc via Ethernet
by Eugeny ·
Apologies for very late reply. If problem is still actual go ahead.