Link not working
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Link not working
by Eugeny ·
Martijn, you changed original circuit a little.
RE: Link not working
by Tinus81 ·
Hi Eugeny, thanks for your reply.
Even with the pull up and pull down resistors and removed mosfets I get no link. I’ve tested all w5200 pins, all are connected to the board ok.
I’ve measured Auto Negotiation pulses on all the w5200 phy pins (17/18, 20/21), but only with an ethernet cable is connected. Without cable I don’t measure these pulses (shouldn’t the w5200 also send negotiation pulses?).
I really have no clue where to look further or where the problem might occur
Any ideas??
Thanks,
Martijn
RE: Link not working
by Eugeny ·
Not little, it is too high - 16% above nominal. Did you connect 1V8_OUT to 1V8D through ferrite bead with capacitors as recommended on reference circuit diagram (top right corner of the sheet)? My first guess that you have 2.09V simply because 1V8_OUT (regulator output) does not have any load.
RE: Link not working
by Tinus81 ·
[quote=“Eugeny”]
Not little, it is too high - 16% above nominal. Did you connect 1V8_OUT to 1V8D through ferrite bead with capacitors as recommended on reference circuit diagram (top right corner of the sheet)? My first guess that you have 2.09V simply because 1V8_OUT (regulator output) does not have any load.[/quote]
Yes I did connect 1V8 out through ferrite bead and all the capacitors are there. I’ll check the board tomorrow and measure the 1V8D pins.
Thanks for your help so far!
RE: Link not working
by Eugeny ·
Yes, you surely need to check your board. I hope chip did not fry. Probably you have some shortage, for example pulled up RSV (7) is shorted with 1V8 (8).
RE: Link not working
by Tinus81 ·
I’ve placed a new w5200 on the board, to be sure it’s not defect. I’ve checked for shortage, there are no shortages.
When I power up now, the 1V8 measures 1V9, so that seems much better.
However I still get no link… I’ve tried multiple network switches and cables by the way. Any other suggestion??
RE: Link not working
by Eugeny ·
Can you please post a photo of your board from both sides?
Did you connect 3V3A to 3V3D through recommended circuit? You did not provide full circuit diagram related to W5200, thus I have to guess what is out of the image you posted. From what I see that digital part seems to work properly - XTAL, host-side I/O, PHYSTAT shows correct value, PHY is not in forced power down mode. Thus there’s most probably some issue at the TX/RX and/or magjack’s side.
RE: Link not working
by Tinus81 ·
Here are photo’s from top and bottom side:
The resistors connected with rework wire are the extra pull ups and pull down.
Also, here is full schematic:
Schematic.pdf (55.9 KB)
I really appreciate your help!
RE: Link not working
by Eugeny ·
In my opinion your circuit diagram is correct. Layout can be improved and optimized, but in general it should work.
Do R5 and L3 have any shortage between them?
RE: Link not working
by Tinus81 ·
You are my hero!
The shortage should be there - but not with R5. It turns out that the text of R5 and C21 is reversed
R5 is the bias resistor on pin 12.
Thanks a lot!!