W7500 IAP and max clock speed
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W7500 IAP and max clock speed
by kralcllib ·
I have the same problem on W7500P. I have tried a 8 Mhz clock after my original 48Mhz with no observable difference. I am trying to load a large range of flash memory, single address at a time, and it crashes in the DO_IAP() after a few thousand calls. This is a critical problem that will prevent my company from using this mcu. I am using the WIZwiki-W7500P dev board. The provided “\W7500x_Library_Examples\Projects\Peripheral_Examples\Flash” example will also crash occasionally.
RE: RE: W7500 IAP and max clock speed
by Hooligan0 ·
Hi kralcllib,
I have never found the reason of this issue, but after many tests i’ve found a workaround. At 8MHz i works for me on a custom board (not tested with official dev kit).
At the begining i’ve see some cases where the IAP functions locks at 8MHz too but this was caused by reset (not clock speed). I have replaced the R/C used for reset by a NCP303 [1] to create a long and clean reset pulse.
For me, it now works with :
Using this configuration i have made a lot of IAP calls, on many boards, without any error.
RE: W7500 IAP and max clock speed
by kralcllib ·
Hi Hooligan0,
Thanks for the input.
I wonder if this is a brown-out condition. I will forward your results to my EE. And, I will let you know if we come up with any new explanation.
Thanks,
Bill
RE: W7500 IAP and max clock speed
by kralcllib ·
I haven’t completely verified this solution, but to use IAP function to program flash, you must use the internal clock, not an external clock. I worked with an engineer at Wiznet, trading code back and forth, and was finally informed of this solution.