W5100 with STM32 using mbed
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5100 with STM32 using mbed
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hello, Robothito
Thank you for your interests with W5100.
Do you have both arduino ethernet shield and seeed-ethernet shield 2.0 ??
caz… arduino ethernet shield uses W5100, but seeed ethernet shield uses W5200.
And I have no experience with STM… but I think this url will help you
[url]https://developer.mbed.org/questions/62206/What-are-the-necessary-connections-for-t/[/url]
Thank you,
lawrence
RE: RE: W5100 with STM32 using mbed
by Eng.kourosh ·
hi lawrence
can you help me in this topic?
thank you
RE: W5100 with STM32 using mbed
by Robothito ·
[quote=“lawrence”]Hello, Robothito
Thank you for your interests with W5100.
Do you have both arduino ethernet shield and seeed-ethernet shield 2.0 ??
caz… arduino ethernet shield uses W5100, but seeed ethernet shield uses W5200.
And I have no experience with STM… but I think this url will help you
[url]https://developer.mbed.org/questions/62206/What-are-the-necessary-connections-for-t/[/url]
Thank you,
lawrence[/quote]
I have only the W5100 ethernet shield. The seed ethernet shield program -using W5200- does not work for this? what are the modifications I should make?
Also same question as the link: where is the reset pin of the shield and should I use it??
(I have used the shield in the past with arduino without problems)
RE: RE: W5100 with STM32 using mbed
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hello, Robothito
So sorry it is too late…
In mbed, there is only for w5500 wiznet library.
so, if you want to use 5100 in mbed.
You have to do porting the w5100 io_library in mbed project. (https://github.com/Wiznet/ioLibrary_Driver)
You can find the reset pin with look next to socket.
There is the white letter for reset and the others.
Using io_library in mbed would be hard work I think.
I recommend to use W5500. (https://developer.mbed.org/components/W5500-Ethernet-Kit-for-IoT/)
Thank you