Using W5100 with SPI bus
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Using W5100 with SPI bus
by hjjeon0608 ·
Hi,
You should control CS when you access the W5100. SPI needs it also.
You let RD and WR unconnected, but I recommend you pull them up.
Yes.
Both unconnected and connect them to GND are possible, but I recommend you pull them down.
RE: Using W5100 with SPI bus
by hjjeon0608 ·
Yes. But I recommend use bead.
If CS is high(1), MISO is high-Z.
RE: Using W5100 with SPI bus
by atlantis ·
I am not so sure about /CS pin. Is it possible, You simply mistaken it with /SCS pin?
In W5100 datasheet (page 9) /CS pin is described in context of /WR and /RD pins. On the Arduino Ethernet Shield schematic this pin is simply pulled up to VCC. /SCS is used with SPI instead.
RE: Using W5100 with SPI bus
by hjjeon0608 ·
I’m sorry.
I mistake.
I think CS as SCS.
The description you said is right.
Thanks.
RE: Using W5100 with SPI bus
by btprg ·
Hallo! Just a related question: in SPI mode why recommends the reference schematic to pull SEN to 3.3V with a 4.7k resistor? (Also for unused ~WR, ~RD etc.) Why cannot I connect SEN and other inputs directly to 3.3V? Thank you!
RE: RE: Using W5100 with SPI bus
by btprg ·
up! zzz