wizWiki 7500 Eval Board (httpServer example)
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
MCU & Boards
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: wizWiki 7500 Eval Board (httpServer example)
by lawrence WIZnet ·
Hi, niko
I downloaded W7500 Master.zip and compiled GCC & Keil both right after you.
Then I could not find any problem…(it worked well)
I hope you set your PC ip 192.168.1.x (not 98) and connect directly WIZwiki-W7500 and PC.
Also I recommend you to use chrome not explore…
Sometimes, explore too slow.
Try again and feel free to ask me anytime.
Thank you
Lawrence
RE: wizWiki 7500 Eval Board (httpServer example)
by niko ·
I found the issue.
You must have:
#define __STARTUP_CLEAR_BSS in Libraries/CMSIS/Device/WIZnet/W7500/Source/GCC/startup_W7500.S
This must be defined with newer compiler tools or the code will not run properly on the W7500 Chip.
I currently use the tools below to compile code:
gcc version 4.9.3 20150529 (release) [ARM/embedded-4_9-branch revision 224288] (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors) on OSX
RE: wizWiki 7500 Eval Board (httpServer example)
by dsmbtechnology ·
I had a similar problem. It turned out that I had fitted an SD card that was too big (32GB). I put an 8GB in and all worked well.
RE: wizWiki 7500 Eval Board (httpServer example)
by Hooligan0 ·
Hi niko,
[quote=“niko”]You must have:
#define __STARTUP_CLEAR_BSS in Libraries/CMSIS/Device/WIZnet/W7500/Source/GCC/startup_W7500.S
This must be defined with newer compiler tools or the code will not run properly on the W7500 Chip.
I currently use the tools below to compile code:
gcc version 4.9.3 20150529 (release)[/quote]
I’ve got the same problem with gcc-4.8 You’re right, with a complete BSS clean on startup it works.
Another way, is to init global variables manually into the *_init functions. This add a bit of code but will always works. I’ve made a small patch for that :
[url]https://github.com/Hooligan-0/W7500/commit/a372b3664384410faa53dc3ce92d2067205f5eb1[/url]
Lawrence, this fix can be merged upstream … if you want