Flash upload
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Flash upload
by bangbh ·
Hi, DaveOLW.
I’m Peter employee of wiznet.
I tested Wiz550web with coide again. But I can’t find a problem that you said.
Here’s the my test result.
CoIDE Version: 1.7.8
GCC tool chain version: 4.9 2015q1
Before Reset
After Reset
RE: Flash upload
by DaveOLW ·
Thanks for your reply.
I do not know how to use CoIDE, I am uploading this using the ST Flash Loader demonstrator as per instruction given. (I have tried using Configuration tool + Tftpd32 but that does not work either).
Using the ST Flash Loader demonstrator, I get confirmation and verify OK, on resetting from Boot mode I get:-
Medium Density Flash memory Input MAC ?I then enter S000BDC1EF823
and I get:-
[code]R
OK
=======================================
WIZnet WIZ550web Revision 1.0
Embedded Web Server Module
Firmware Version 1.1.1
Device Name : WIZ550WEB
MAC: 98:8B:DC:1E:F8:23
IP: 192.168.11.100
GW: 192.168.11.1
SN: 255.255.255.0
DNS: 8.8.8.8
Storage mount succeed
Type : sFlash
Available Memory Size : 973 kB / 973 kB ( 0 kB is used )
Storage mount succeed
Type : SDHC
Available Memory Size : 3863648 kB / 3864064 kB ( 416 kB is used )
[/code]
On rebooting I just get:-
Medium Density Flash memory Input MAC ?You show the Mac and IP information above the:-
=======================================
WIZnet WIZ550web Revision 1.0
Embedded Web Server Module
Firmware Version 1.1.1
Device Name : WIZ550WEB
Where I get this information below.
Is there no technical support that can sought this out, I see there are others with the same problems, at present this unit is useless. Is the Unit faulty?
We do have another unit with the earlier version but are reluctant to try upgrading this because we will have nothing to continue developing our projects with.
RE: Flash upload
by bachus ·
Hi Dave,
have you first tested firmware upload via UART or have you first tried TFTP upload?
If you have first uploaded with TFTP plus configuration tool and it failed, then you might hooked up at the same issue I have observed.
Regards
Bachus
RE: Flash upload
by DaveOLW ·
Yes the above post is about using UART1 with the ST Flash Loader demonstrator.
I have tried:-
Using the TFTP server and Configuration Tool
Using the TFTP server and Configuration Tool as described by Eric HKJung on the AizWiki.net Forum but this does not work.
Following these instruction I do not get any reply when I click OK on the “TFTP Server information” screen.
The Tftpd32 I downloaded from the link given, looks different to the one shown, I have seven menu’s across the top, Tftp server, TftP Client, DHCP server, Syslog server, SNTP server, DNS server, Log viewer. Also across the box where information would come is Peer, file, Start time, Progress, bytes total timeouts.
The screen Tftpd32 directory has only Close, Copy, Cancel, buttons not a OK button as shown in instructions.
then I tried
Using ST Flash Loaded Demonstrator
Using ST Flash Loaded Demonstrator
Flash upload using STmicro flash loader, having done this as per instructions and inserted MAC I get:-
Medium Density Flash memory
Input MAC ? R
OK
WIZnet WIZ550web Revision 1.0
Embedded Web Server Module
Firmware Version 1.1.1
Device Name : WIZ550WEB
MAC: 00:0B:DC:1E:F8:23
IP: 192.168.11.100
GW: 192.168.11.1
SN: 255.255.255.0
DNS: 8.8.8.8
But then on reset or power down and back on I get:-
Medium Density Flash memory
Input MAC ?
It is asking for the mac again so I am unable to set the required IP or use web page.
What is the problem here and how do I solve this?
The unit I cannot use now how do I solve this?
David
RE: Flash upload
by bangbh ·
Here’s the firmware binary files that I compiled.
[url]https://github.com/bangbh81/WIZ550web-binary[/url]
Try with that.
RE: Flash upload
by DaveOLW ·
Hi,
Have tried with the files you used, but it still after reset keeps asking for mac.
I did get the same response as you ie the information shown before WIZnet.
[code]Medium Density Flash memory
Input MAC ? R
OK
MAC: 00:0B:DC:1E:F8:23
IP: 192.168.11.100
GW: 192.168.11.1
SN: 255.255.255.0
DNS: 8.8.8.8
=======================================
WIZnet WIZ550WEB Revision 1.0
Embedded Web Server Module
Firmware Version 1.1.0
Device Name : WIZ550WEB
MAC: 00:0B:DC:1E:F8:23
IP: 192.168.11.100
GW: 192.168.11.1
SN: 255.255.255.0
DNS: 8.8.8.8
Storage mount succeed
Type : sFlash
Available Memory Size : 973 kB / 973 kB ( 0 kB is used )
Storage mount succeed
Type : SDHC
Available Memory Size : 3863648 kB / 3864064 kB ( 416 kB is used )
[/code]
This is only version 1.1.0 and I am trying to load V 1.1.1
There does not seem any technical support available, as I am in Europe I was told to email them but they do not reply.
I think we will ask for refund of the two units + baseboard, if they are not able to sort it out.
RE: Flash upload
by DaveOLW ·
Having decided we would return all units for a refund because we were not getting any Technical Support, we thought we would try a upload to the second unit which we were reluctant to do because if it failed we would nothing to continue development of our products with.
This worked OK, we were not asked even to input mac address and the unit still had our DCHP IP address, I thought first of all it had not done anything but it showed Firmware version 1.1.1, so it had uploaded ok.
So obviously the first unit is faulty in some way and we will have to get a replacement.
With this new version 1.1.1 which it said it sorted the problem out in Internet Explorer 11, but it does not.
Although now it does now change Led’s and relays the Page is not updated, so after changing one “ON” it will not allow you to set it “OFF”.
RE: Flash upload
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi. DaveOLW,
We are checking the problem you posted.
I’ll reply you as soon as checked.
Please refer to the next link, Cache Settings change in IE.
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/263070
If possible, I recommend that you use the Chrome browser.
Thanks.