TFTP firmware upload
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
General
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: TFTP firmware upload
by irina WIZnet ·
Hello! Bachus.
We are recommand the TFTPD32 program.
tftpd32.jounin.net/
Note that,
You should ensure that the other TFTP server programs are occupied the port 69.
Following the next steps.
Upgrading the WIZ550web device’s firmware using the WIZ configuration tool:
I’ve attached helpful captures for you. Please refer to the this capture images.
Step 3.
Step 4.
Step 5.
Step 6.

RE: TFTP firmware upload
by bachus ·
Hi Eric,
I have to request your urgent help again.
I tried to follow your steps as described. However, after Firmware Upload start, I could not observe the connection log messages as shown in your picture. And after some time (30 min), I was still waiting for a message about successful upload.
After reboot, the device is not accessible anymore, neither via TCP nor UDP. Even the broadcast with your configuration tool does not detect the device.
I tried again Firmware upload (original version v1.0.1, boot and application) via UART1, but without success.
How can I get back to a working device?
Regards
Bachus
RE: TFTP firmware upload
by DaveOLW ·
Yes I have tried following these instruction and do not get any reply when I click OK on the “TFTP Server information” screen.
The Tftpd32 i downloaded from the link given, looks different to the one shown, I have seven menu’s across the top, Tftp server, TftP Client, DHCP server, Syslog server, SNTP server, DNS server, Log viewer.
Also across the box where information would come is Peer, file, Start time, Progress, bytes total timeouts.
The screen Tftpd32 directory has only Close, Copy, Cancel, buttons not a OK button as shown in instructions.
There are so many settings under the setting tab I do not know what to use?
Where do I get the Server IP address?
As stated in my other post I have now tried using the “ST Flash loader demostrator” but although it programs the unit every time it is powered up or reset asks for the mac, even so it is not accesable to do anything.
Urgent help required by Wiznet Please.
David
RE: TFTP firmware upload
by bachus ·
I have just additional information.
Still no access to index.html via browser.
No search result using UDP broadcast (WIZnet configurator).
Yes, TFTP32D GUI looks a bit different. However, this might be a different version.
TFTP server IP address was set to the PC IP address, because TFTP server was started locally on the same machine as the configuration tool.
Regards
Torsten
RE: TFTP firmware upload
by bachus ·
I’m just looking further for a solution.
I tried to connect to UART1 and expect the welcome messages on Reset as well as Power-On Reset as described on your getting started guide.
However, the only output is
“Medium Density Flash memory\r\n”
Nothing else.
I’m just a little bit surprised. I checked the module as well as firmware before I started TFTP upload. Everything was fine. After Firmware Upload using STM Flashload Demonstrator, which I have also done several times without issues, the device stopps working. Does anybody have an explanation?
Thanks
Torsten
RE: TFTP firmware upload
by irina WIZnet ·
Hi, Torsten.
I’m sorry for late reply post because Korean thanksgiving holidays.
If firmware upload failed by various reasons, the above message can be displayed. (‘Medium Density Flash memory’ message displayed by Boot part, MCU memory checker)
When the firmware upload failed, the WIZ550web board is deleted application part and operated in empty application area. The ‘search’ function is also processed in the Application Parts. so, the WIZ550web board cannot respond when firmware upload failed situations.
The possible reason of problem is as follows.
After checking the above steps, Please entry the board to the Boot mode (app-boot) and perform TFTP firmware upload for recover.
To entering into WIZ550web boot mode, hold down the SW1 of EVB (D8) when you perform a reboot of the board. If the board in boot mode, you can see the indicator LEDs (Two LEDs on the board) blink rapidly alternates.
RE: TFTP firmware upload
by bachus ·
Hi Eric,
at the moment I see only mismatches in your description compared to the behavoir of the WIZ550web board.
correct examples) It can be occurred TFTP timeout.
TFTP server binding to local PC 192.168.2.108/32. WIZ550web-IP number: 192.168.2.110 → It seems to be ok.
port 69. It can be occurred TFTP timeout.
Message at TFTP server start up: “TFTP Server Service Started [UDP - 69].” → It seems to be ok.
TFTP server is started as Administrator. Firewall is asking to accept FTP server setup. Released. → It seems to be ok.
this case)
I’m using only your original firmware for test purposes. → It seems to be ok.
board. If the board in boot mode, you can see the indicator LEDs (Two LEDs on the board) blink
rapidly alternates.
The board has a different behavior:
No boot mode power up: Two alternating fast blinking green LEDs for some seconds. Then blinking stopps one LED set on and the other set off.
Boot mode power up: Both green LEDs are switched off.
I get the following TFTP server messages while reseting or powering the device on:
“TFTP connected from 192.168.2.110:51000 on 10/12/2015 8:31:36 AM, binary. GET. Started, file name D:\wiznet550web\WIZ550web_App_v101.bin”
Some seconds later:
“TFTP connected from 192.168.2.110:51000 on 10/12/2015 8:32:12 AM, binary. GET. Dropped because peer didn’t respond”
Do you have more explanation about TFTP upload for recovery? I have to use the WIZnet configuration tool. However, it does not work without found/accepted WIZnet board.
Hope that you can help me.
BR
Bachus
RE: TFTP firmware upload
by Gilles ·
Hi
I have the same problem of bachus.
I have flash firmware with TFTP and after donwload, the “Config Tool” has said “OK”; and… no more contact with the WIZ550web.
Nothing with “search”. No IP frame from module see with Wireshark.
And I have an other problem: with UART, then I power on with pressing EVB-SW7 “boot” button, nothing special arrived. Only WIZ550web D3 red led light (even after 1mn pressing !) normal ?
If after I press SW5 “reset” button then, green D1 led switch on and “Medium Density Flash memory” text arrive on terminal.
Nothing else !
Never before or after flashing firmware I have see “blinking” led during or after pressing “Boot” on power on!
Commands AT… does not have any effect.
That can I do now ?
RE: TFTP firmware upload
by bachus ·
Hello Everybody,
I have just got my device up and running again.
Instead of using LAN/DHCP configuration, I removed both PC and WIZ550web from my LAN and connected it directly with a cross-over cable.
Doing so, the TFTP firmware upload process works fine as described by Eric/WIZnet.
I have used the portable version of tftp32d instead of installing it on Win7.
Open TFTP-server, the device is visible after search in the Java-configuration tool.
I have set the gateway in configuration tool same as TFTP-server as PC-IP.
The root-cause is a little bit unclear to me:
Hope this will help to re-activate your modules.
Nevertheless, I would appreciate, if anybody can give more detailed root-cause explanation.
Best regards
Bachus