W5500 TCP - write to TX buffer before connection up
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500 TCP - write to TX buffer before connection up
by Coccoliso ·
The socket has to be connected.
You can not fill the TX buffer of a disconnected socket because you do not know in which location write … the two TX buffer pointers are updated only upon connection.
RE: W5500 TCP - write to TX buffer before connection up
by billbgarland ·
Hi Coccoliso
Can I do this:
Open a TCP socket
Write message to FIFO and save TX_WR pointers
Wait for the connection to come active
Modify TX_RD and TX_WR pointers to point to message in FIFO
Issue a SEND command
The reason I want to do this is that my host has very little RAM and I want to save my message in the W5500 FIFO.
RE: W5500 TCP - write to TX buffer before connection up
by Coccoliso ·
I do not remember the post but I’m pretty sure that the pointers contain 0 after reset but during the operations of opening of the socket containing two identical random values that are overwritten to the connection with the real value so I do not think that will work.
The buffers are used as random-access memory as long as the socket is connected.