stm32f103xx spi + w5500 - Write successful but read returns 0
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: stm32f103xx spi + w5500 - Write successful but read returns 0
by Eugeny ·
You must receive 0x01,0x02,0x03 also during read. If you do not, then it means W5500 does not recognize the command.
Sounds like you write to wrong register page (e.g. to common register block).
RE: RE: stm32f103xx spi + w5500 - Write successful but read returns 0
by sr2018 ·
Dear Eugeny,
Thanks for your prompt response.
I am for some reason not getting 0x01,0x02,0x03 for read.
To read the version number, I am transmitting the following:
For the second problem regarding Socket 0:
I am doing the following to open TCP socket and then listen to it:
Socket open and listen are in the CR register 0x00, 0x01.
When I write I immediately pull the CS line up after the last byte is written and I receive 0x01,0x02,0x03.
However for read I let the CS line low so that I can read sequentially but do not receive any valid data, only Zeros.
Am I missing something?
Your help would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
SR
RE: stm32f103xx spi + w5500 - Write successful but read returns 0
by Eugeny ·
Please share scope shot of the communication between MCU and W5500 (in the best case having all 4 waveforms altogeter) for reads and writes.