W5300 not sending last data in TX FIFO
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5300 not sending last data in TX FIFO
by abes ·
Follow up:
I was able to correct this by adjusting the order of operation. I now check for and wait for the SENDOK flag first. Then I read the Sn_TX_FSR and write to the TX FIFO.
It looks like writing data to the TX FIFO before the SENDOK flag is set is causing some glitch to occur.
RE: W5300 not sending last data in TX FIFO
by mefickle ·
Are you using the F28335 chip or similar? If so, I could use your assistance. Thanks and let me know!
RE: W5300 not sending last data in TX FIFO
by abes ·
No, I’m not using a microcontroller. I’m using a Spartan 6 FPGA, and a custom interface written in Verilog. I’m using the direct address mode with a 16-bit bus and the recommended flow in the W5300 Datasheet for a TCP Server, so it shouldn’t be much different. It’s been working well; just a couple of minor issues but no showstoppers. We achieve about 90Mbps application data throughput.