TCP Example
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: TCP Example
by Coccoliso ·
You gave a look here : [url]https://github.com/Wiznet/W5500_EVB[/url]
There are two examples one for DHCP and the other for DNS that contain most of the C ++ functions that you need.
Still lack a bit before your macro instructions you must…
…or implement DHCP
Then after you’ve written in your post make a loop on ever opened socket and verify when that pass to established.
So staying in the area of macro language …
WIZCHIP_READ_BUF and other memory access functions :
[url]https://github.com/Wiznet/W5500_EVB/blob/master/ioLibrary/Ethernet/W5500/w5500.c[/url]
[url]https://github.com/Wiznet/W5500_EVB/blob/master/ioLibrary/Ethernet/W5500/w5500.h[/url]
Socket related functions:
[url]https://github.com/Wiznet/W5500_EVB/blob/master/ioLibrary/Ethernet/socket.c[/url]
[url]https://github.com/Wiznet/W5500_EVB/blob/master/ioLibrary/Ethernet/socket.h[/url]
…if you need anything else let me know.
Good job.
RE: TCP Example
by drVrh ·
Thank you for your reply,
When I try everything you said, I will reply again.
But firstly I would like to test the connection with W5500io over SPI, how can I do that? Maybe by sending a question and recieving an answer.
I tested W5500io with pinging. I connected the module on the supply and the router, I used pinging and the device responded well.
Now I would like to test the SPI communication. How?
RE: TCP Example
by Coccoliso ·
Hello,
I’ve seen that uses Arduino 2 and I not have present at that point this MPU is about W5500 but I’m sure there is a working library for W5100 with Arduino One and then from there you can go to drive SPI.
Functions for drive a W5500 throw an SPI module is here [url]https://github.com/Wiznet/W5500_EVB/blob/master/ioLibrary/Ethernet/W5500/w5500.c[/url]
and are : WIZCHIP_READ, WIZCHIP_READ_BUF, WIZCHIP_WRITE_BUF, WIZCHIP_READ_BUF
In this module you can find function for transfer a buffer like wiz_send_data, wiz_recv_data , function for registers like getSn_TX_FSR and getSn_RX_RSR
Get to :
Then you are ready to read and write in W5500 registers ( IP, MAC and gateway registers).
It is what I have done to adapt the library to PIC24 family.
RE: TCP Example
by drVrh ·
I want to develop the application using Atmega328p. Are the libraries the same? Thanks
RE: TCP Example
by Coccoliso ·
In this I can not help you because I do not know ATMEGA328P and even the development system for Arduino One or Arduino 2.
As I told… the operating principle is described in GitHub sources for the W5500 that is the basis.
You have to see if there is already a W5500 library for ATMEGA328P or use the standard SPI library of your MPU to write a library from scratch.