W5100 in server mode... host uP buffer overflow
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5100 in server mode... host uP buffer overflow
by scowell ·
OK… no help… I’m guessing that in order to force TCP to break this data into 32K chunks I have to disconnect and reconnect for every block? As long as the socket’s open then data will pour into the buffer with no regard to the size of the Winsock send()? I’m reading the documentation for the W5300 and I now understand that when I send the RECV statement this is actually setting the receive window for the next TCP packet… so what I should do is only set the pointer to allow the window to complete the 32K on the next-to-last packet. Then I have to remember to put this space back in when the final packet comes in so the process can repeat. I’ll try this and repost later.
RE: W5100 in server mode... host uP buffer overflow
by scowell ·
Never mind… we’ve decided to go with a different solution.