[SOLVED] wiz550io client fails to connect to http
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: [SOLVED] wiz550io client fails to connect to http
by coffeecupnz ·
Thanks midnightcow I appreciate your reply
I’m not sure I understand though, if it were a port being re-used why would chance have it that it always fails when I attempt to connect to port 80?
I’m not attempting to open both ports on the same piece of code, rather, I compiled my code with port 21 hardcoded, then recompiled and cycled the power with port 80 hardcoded in. And always, it is port 80 that I fail to connect to…
RE: [SOLVED] wiz550io client fails to connect to http
by coffeecupnz ·
here’s my code, sorry i should have included earlier
void wiz550io_hit_server(void) {
switch(hit) {
case 0: // idle
break;
case 1:
spi_send_short(0x0010, 0x2C, 80); // dest PORT 80
spi_send_ip(0x000C, 0x2C, 101, 98, 9, 49); // dest ip
spi_send_ip(0x0001, 0x04, 192,168,1,5); // gateway
spi_send_ip(0x0005, 0x04, 255, 255, 255, 0); // mask
spi_send_short(0x0004, 0x2C, 13742);
spi_send_short(0x0012, 0x2C, 1024);
spi_send_char(0x0000, 0x2C, 0x01); // TCP mode
}
RE: [SOLVED] wiz550io client fails to connect to http
by hjjeon0608 ·
Server application could hold before port number although before connection is closed(e.g. windows).
If that, Server application doesn’t accept re-connection with same port(combination of source and destination port number) number.
If you want to connect with same destination port number, I recommend to change source port number and open.
RE: [SOLVED] wiz550io client fails to connect to http
by coffeecupnz ·
ok, i see that’s what midnightcow was saying as well, thanks
i’ll test that out and upload my results
RE: [SOLVED] wiz550io client fails to connect to http
by coffeecupnz ·
still no luck,
i’ve modified the code to loop through port numbers and left it running all night.
here’s the new code
//
#define SP 49292
void wiz550io_hit_server(void) {
switch(hit) {
case 0: // idle
break;
case 1:
spi_send_short(0x0010, 0x2C, 80); // dest PORT 80
spi_send_ip(0x000C, 0x2C, 10,1,1,1); // dest ip
spi_send_ip(0x0001, 0x04, 10, 1, 1, 1); // gateway // was 192.168.1.5
spi_send_ip(0x0005, 0x04, 255, 255, 255, 0); // mask
spi_send_short(0x0004, 0x2C, my_port);
spi_send_short(0x0012, 0x2C, 1024);
}
//
please if there’s nothing wrong with the code is it a problem with my setup? I have the module connected to my laptop’s ethernet port, i enabled ‘share my internet connection’ on the laptop, on the module the gateway ip is my laptop’s ip address. that wasn’t working so i tried connecting the module directly to the router ‘10.1.1.1’ and try to access the routers config page on port 80…
please any sugestions welcome
RE: [SOLVED] wiz550io client fails to connect to http
by coffeecupnz ·
Cheers for that
I have since re-written the code and tidied up some bits, but I’ll check at home tonight that I didn’t carry that mistake across!
Thanks