WIZ820io web server hangs
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ820io web server hangs
by hjjeon0608 ·
Hi,
Did you perform ‘Send command’??
TX_WR is updated after send is completed.
And I want to know data you want to send and data sent is same.
Check please with like wireshark.
Thanks.
RE: WIZ820io web server hangs
by PauloAndre ·
Hi,
Thanks for reply.
Yes I perform send and wait for status of the SnSR becomes 0.
After send TX_WR is updated normally by the W5200 but sometimes (aleattory) the W5200 hangs and in this case TX_WR shows 0000.
The data sent is OK, for example, i send “1234567890”, I see this in the wireshark display e I receive this data correctly many times before W5200 crash.
I tried another ways , after send :
1)wait the interrupt send flag to be 1
2)wait the TX_WR and Sn_TX_RD to be equals
but the same problem again.
below a function send with TX_WR print before e after send command
I am using just one socket, the 0 socket with 2Kbytes large
void W5200_Write_ConstPage(unsigned char SKT_N, const char* TxBuffer, unsigned int SendSize)
{
unsigned int FreeSize;
unsigned int MemPointer;
unsigned int PhisycalAddress;
unsigned int GetOffset;
//for debugging print TX_WR before
PrintChar(MemPointer);
//for debugging print TX_WR after send
MemPointer =((unsigned char)W5200_Read_Byte(ADDR_SKT(SKT_N) + SKT_N_TX_WRITE_POINTER_REG));
MemPointer = (MemPointer << 8);
MemPointer = (MemPointer | ((unsigned char)W5200_Read_Byte(ADDR_SKT(SKT_N)+SKT_N_TX_WRITE_POINTER_REG + 1)));
PrintChar(MemPointer);
}
RE: WIZ820io web server hangs
by hjjeon0608 ·
Hi,
It seems fine.
But i want to know what is ‘hang’
w5200 is frozen(can’t read or write register) or send or receive data is impossible???
Thanks.
RE: WIZ820io web server hangs
by PauloAndre ·
Hi
I solver the problem. it was a hardware fail.
The manual say that W5200 is 5V tolerant,but it is not completely true
Let me explain:
First I put a 10KR pull up resistor at WZ820IO MISO pin and web server worked a little bit better…
I think, is there a hardware mistake ?
Then i put down the power suply of 18F2525 to 4,3 volts and everithing works nice!!!
I return the power supply to 5 volts and the problem returns
I look in internet by other WIZ820IO 5 V tolerant fails e find this post
blog.peterfeerick.com.au/
from Peter Feerick´s Blog
Thank you very munch for help and interesting
and excuse me my english, when I sad hang i mean freeze
See you
RE: WIZ820io web server hangs
by hjjeon0608 ·
Hi,
I’m glad to hear you solved the problem.
And I have a question.
Did you use DC supply voltage as 5V??
W5200 DC supply voltage is -0.5 to 3.63.
5V tolerant means digital input voltage.
If you use 5V as power supply, WIZ820io could not work normally.
Thanks.
RE: WIZ820io web server hangs
by PauloAndre ·
Hi
Only 18F252 microcontroller uses 5V, WIZ820io uses 3,3V, there are two power supply in my project,
but the IO lines from 18F to Wiz820 are 5V in the high level logic(1), and this is the problem i found.
The Wiz module does not support 5V in the IO lines…although the manual confirm this information.
When I reduce the power supply of 18F to 4,3 Volts theirs IO´s lines go to 4,3 V too in the high level logic and so the wiz module works normally
below the circuit in use
Thanks