Volatile Serial Command Method Setting
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Volatile Serial Command Method Setting
by jameskim ·
Hello Huffman,
I’ll check it and answer you as soon as possible.
Thank you.
James.
RE: Volatile Serial Command Method Setting
by jameskim ·
Hello Huffman,
I figured out the reason why the setting value for serial command mode is reinitialized after reset or power on.
WIZ14xSR firmware didn’t save its revised value of some fields, which configuration tool sent, to its data flash.
Serial command mode field is one of them.
Anyway I fixed that problem.
Its firmware version is still 1.6.3 but its updated date is different.
I attached the fixed firmware to this post.
WIZ140v1_6_3_140626.zip (25.2 KB)
Th official version will be released in July and its firmware version may be changed.
I hope you test with the attached firmware.
Thank you.
James.
RE: Volatile Serial Command Method Setting
by KHuffman ·
Thank you. The new code does retain changes to the serial command method. I now have a second issue related to the firmware upload.
I purchased three identical WIZ145SR modules. The module with the original factory firmware (version 1.59, I think) correctly uploaded the new firmware version. The remaining two modules have been previously upgraded to firmware version 1.6.1 (2nd module) and 1.6.3 (3rd module, older 1.6.3 revision prior to latest patch). The firmware uploaded fails when attempting to upgrade the firmware on either of these modules. The specific failure message is “Firmware Upload Connection Fail…” I can not downgrade these modules to older code revisions either. Please advise if there is a method to either restore the firmware shipped from the factory or resolve the upload failure.
Kevin
RE: Volatile Serial Command Method Setting
by jameskim ·
Hello Kevin,
According to your error message both modules seem to have wrong IP address.
Please check whether those IP addresses are valid for making connection from your PC.
After testing with my suggestion, please inform me your test result.
Thank you.
James.
RE: Volatile Serial Command Method Setting
by KHuffman ·
Thanks,
You were correct. There was an IP conflict with my host computer. Once I changed the module IP, it uploaded without incident.