MACRAW Application Note?
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: MACRAW Application Note?
by irinakim ·
Hi Zick
We publish the PPPoE application on the wiki site in April 2014.
In this application note, we described the structure of PPPoE protocol implemented by MACRAW mode firmware.
You can download the application note & source code from [url]http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w5500:application:pppoe[/url]
thanks
EK
RE: MACRAW Application Note?
by suhwan ·
Dear Zick,
As you know, MACRAW can handle the Ethernet frame.
|-- data length (2byte) --|-- DATA packet (with data length) --|
*Pseudo code for MACRAW mode
(ref. code: wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … legacy.zip / socket.c)
Thanks,
RE: MACRAW Application Note?
by Zick ·
Dear ekkim and suhwan,
thanks a lot!
It’s nice to get good answers so early in the morning
(UTC+2 here…)
RE: MACRAW Application Note?
by vitech ·
Hello,
I’m dealing with MACRAW mode and have some difficulties with filtration of incomig packets. I set up MFEN in Sn_MR according to datasheet
[quote]If user wants to implement Hybrid TCP/IP stack, it is
recommended that this bit is set as „1‟ for reducing host overhead to
process the all received packets.[/quote]
but where to I must write info about MAC addresses to be passed? haven’t found in dosc… neither datashit, not app note
RE: MACRAW Application Note?
by Zick ·
@vitech,
check out the SHAR register in datasheet page 33.
RE: MACRAW Application Note?
by vitech ·
Hello Zick,
All I see about SHAR register is it configures the source hardware address. Could you explain a little bit more, what I should write there when I want to enter multicast group and when I want to receive all multicast packets. By now I don’t get any meaning of this reg in MACRAW mode
RE: MACRAW Application Note?
by Zick ·
@vitech,
I didn’t try that myself so everything below is how I interpret the datasheet.
Then you’ll only get packets sent to 00:11:22:33:44:55 and FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF (broadcast).
RE: MACRAW Application Note?
by vitech ·
Some strange stuff continues to happen.
Initializing socket in MACRAW mode like that:
setSHAR(enaddr); setSn_MR(MACRAW_SOCK, Sn_MR_MULTI | Sn_MR_MACRAW); setSn_CR(MACRAW_SOCK,Sn_CR_OPEN); while(getSn_CR(MACRAW_SOCK)); while(getSn_SR(MACRAW_SOCK) == SOCK_CLOSED);MAC-address in SHAR non-zero. But, suddenly I receive all packets in networks, even with destination addresses that non-multicast and not mine (checked with wireshark).
How can I receive only broadcast packets (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF) and packets with my MAC in SHAR?
upd: Fighting this problem for a week, still receiving all packets in network by the MACRAW socket without any filtration. Tried all flags in Sn_MR. so is that normal that there is no filtering of incoming packets??
upd2: was wrong, all works fine, was confused by ipv6 multicast addresses.