WIZ550io Ping Not Working
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ550io Ping Not Working
by nealmartini ·
What do yo mean by “configuring your PC IP to 192.168.1.xxx”? How do I do that? And do I need a crossover ethernet cable to connect up with?
Thanks
Neal
RE: WIZ550io Ping Not Working
by nealmartini ·
Thanks for you reply. But once again you state that I should “configure your PC to 192.168.1.xxx”. What does this mean?
By the way, the yellow light is on solid and the green light blinks every once in a while.
RE: WIZ550io Ping Not Working
by jameskim ·
Hello,
In order to do ping between two devices, IP addresses of two devices should be matched.
The default IP address of WIZ550io is a virtual one, not real one.
So you have to change IP address of its peer system like your PC with the matched one.
As the default IP of WIZ550io is 192.168.1.2 and its subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, you must set your PC’s IP with preceding 3 bytes same to IP of WIZ550io and different last one.
“Configure your PC to 192.168.1.xxx”, which midnightcow wrote, means above.
If you want to test WIZ550io under your real network environment with real IP address, then you can set it up with real IP address. But for this, you should do coding for your mcu to change its IP address with real IP.
James.
RE: WIZ550io Ping Not Working
by nealmartini ·
Thanks for the explanation. I couldn’t figure out how to change my PC IP address (assigned via DHCP and router), but I changed the IP of the WIZ55io to have the first three bytes match my PC and things worked perfectly.
Is there a simple explanation of how to change the PCs IP in WIN 7 that you can point to?
Thanks again. Problem Solved!
RE: WIZ550io Ping Not Working
by pbertog ·
I have bought 4 Wizwiki-w7500p… none of them worked ok with ethernet.
Eventhough all of them are working OK, I can use drag and drop, keil and so to test anything in the hardware… nothing about ethernet seems to work
So, my conclusion is that W7500P is not really working good yet. I am really sad about that, because it seemed to be an amazing chip with 32bit arm + Ethernet… but nothing seem to work.
I would like to know if someone could test succesfully WIZWIKY-W7500P on ethernet … I have bought it on Mouser last month and this month.
On the other hand, I have tested W5500 with optimum results, so I know how to do the tests, I am not new on this.
I hope some could say something about a good ethernet experience on W7500P or Wizwiki-w7500p.
Pablo
RE: WIZ550io Ping Not Working
by Alireza Najafi ·
Hi everybody
I have an Ethernet module with w5500 chipset and I’m facing the “not responding to ping” issue :((
I ran the get_VERSIONR command and the output came out to be 0x04. I also managed to set proper networkInfo on my module and verified they are written successfully. So I believe my SPI connection is working fine now.
Yet, I can’t understand why my module is not responding to the ping command. I also WIRESHARKed it last night and found no trace of my module on the local network.
Should I pay attention to my Ethernet configuration and set W5500 parameters in accordance to them or should I use the Wireless LAN parameters? I’m a little bit confused here.
I have chosen these parameters:
volatile wiz_NetInfo netInfo = {
{0x00, 0x08, 0xdc, 0xab, 0xcd, 0xef}, // Source Mac Address
{192, 168, 1, 199}, // Source IP Address {169, 254, 139, 2}
{255, 255, 255, 0}, // Subnet Mask
{192, 168, 1, 1}, // Gateway IP Address
{127,0,0,53}, // DNS server IP Address
NETINFO_STATIC
};
The response to ping command is:
Pinging 192.168.1.199 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.198: Destination host unreachable.
Reply from 192.168.1.198: Destination host unreachable.
Reply from 192.168.1.198: Destination host unreachable.
Reply from 192.168.1.198: Destination host unreachable. Ping statistics for 192.168.1.199:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
I have connected my module to my PC via a LAN cable.
My PC network config is :
Windows IP Configuration
Ethernet adapter Npcap Loopback Adapter:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ac9d:9676:2497:8b28%22
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.139.40
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Ethernet adapter Ethernet:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::dd6c:2501:3e57:477b%24
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.71.123
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix .
Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::accd:a18d:8e11:1f1%19
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.198
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Thanks a ton for your support and help.
RE: WIZ550io Ping Not Working
by Alireza Najafi ·
anybody’s there :((( ??