When Do Settings Changes Become Active?
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: When Do Settings Changes Become Active?
by kaizen ·
Hi
If you want to restore setting value after rebooting module, you have to perform Flash Write Command.
But you don’t need to restart and write setting value to flash in order to connect to TCP server.
So I think you don’t need to perform flash write command every TCP connection.
*Appendix
System BootUp : You can connect to TCP server when System Bootup or timeout of .
Serial Data In : You can connect to TCP server when input serial data.
RE: When Do Settings Changes Become Active?
by jkellar ·
I think settings don’t work until the module is rebooted. I’ve tried using the connection as System Boot, Serial Data In and On Demand but there is no effect. What I need to do is this:
If those same DNS settings are SAVED to Flash memory and the module is REBOOTED the DNS query works (Is Successful) and I get a response.
So…changing Serial Port 1 settings DO NOT apply to the module UNLESS a reboot on the module is done. If I save to flash every 5 seconds to do a DNS request, because after I do the DNS query I change back over to TCP and do an HTTP GET request of a different server, then the WIZFI630 module will be unusable in less than 6 hours assuming your Flash memory has a limit of 10,000 writes.
Am I missing something here on how to apply the settings without saving to Flash every time?