Sending data to specific IP address using TCP or UDP
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Sending data to specific IP address using TCP or UDP
by kaizen ·
Hi
I don’t know about your accurate mean but WizFi630 can’t make it’s own decision to sending data.
So WizFi630 needs MCU or Serial Interface Device in order to send data.
RE: Sending data to specific IP address using TCP or UDP
by jkellar ·
Hello,
I am using a WIZFI630 with a microcontroller connected to serial port 2 setup for UDP. How do I specify sending data to a specific IP address and port number using UDP. From what I’ve seen so far WIZFI630 cannot do this and I am required to use a higher protocol (for example: HTTP or some other protocol).
My desire is to send a raw UDP message out to a specific IP address at a specific port number. Can this be done using the WIZFI630 through one of its serial ports with a microcontroller connected to the serial port.
I assume this would also apply if I were wanting to use TCP instead of UDP.
Thanks.
RE: Sending data to specific IP address using TCP or UDP
by kaizen ·
Hi
I have some questions.
What is mean of the specific port number?
What is mean of raw UDP message?
RE: Sending data to specific IP address using TCP or UDP
by jkellar ·
and 2. Yes, by specific address and port I mean for example 253.122.33.3 at port 8131
Yes, by raw UDP packet that’s exactly what I meant. That’s what I thought, the WIZFI630 cannot give access to that low level protocol. So essentially to make use of UDP, or TCP for that matter, a higher level protocol is required for the WIZFI630 such as TFTP, HTTP, FTP, etc…
Thanks!
RE: Sending data to specific IP address using TCP or UDP
by kaizen ·
Hi
Thanks
RE: Sending data to specific IP address using TCP or UDP
by jkellar ·
Yes, I’m seeing that there isn’t any low level control with the WIZFI630 and I’m developing higher layer protocols on top of the UDP, TFTP for instance is one I’m using right now. Looking to possibly get into SNMP as well.
Thanks!