Arduino Wifi shield scan
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Arduino Wifi shield scan
by jameskim ·
Hi,
I updated arduino wizfi library.
Please update your WizFi2x0 library directory with the attached file.
Let me explain why garbage data were displayed.
When I updated the previous WizFi2x0 library, I reduced the size of RX buffer for reply message from WizFi shield as arduino has very small sram block.
Otherwise, arduino board often was rebooted by lack of memory.
However reducing the size fo RX buffer made this problem happen.
Normal reply message is shorter than the size of RX buffer for reply message.
But reply message of AP scan command is longer than the size of RX buffer for reply message and it overwrote the null character which I already wrote on the end of array for RX buffer with other character within reply message.
I used “Serial.println((char *)RcvdBuf);” to show reply message to users.
As the null character for termination in RcvdBuf was deleted by my code, Arduino showed garbage data until it encountered another null character in accident.
Thank you.
BR, James.
WizFi2x0.zip (38.9 KB)
RE: Arduino Wifi shield scan
by InsaneNeal ·
Thanks, I will have a try as soon as possible. By the way, did you update the latest firmware for Wizfi210 in Wizfi Shield?
Why did it give me errors like “DOS Command Error”?
Thanks&Regards,
Neal
RE: Arduino Wifi shield scan
by quique ·
Hi,
Im trying to configure a tinysine wifi shield on an arduino uno. Im unable to because i have a mac and according to their youtube video you need to use wifibee settings tool to configure the module for your network. I have a mac and so this program is not available for mac. I managed to get a program called xctu but I am not sure how to connect to the module with it.
Can you help?