What WIZnet product to use
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: What WIZnet product to use
by jbkim ·
It seems your requirement as below. Please let me know if there is misunderstanding.
-. Wi-Fi module have web server function.
-. Web page can be customizable to control up to 24 lights
-. Having Interface to lights.
Thanks.
RE: What WIZnet product to use
by walkabout ·
Yep… That basically sums it up. As a HW/SW designer, I can design the lighting control module (of which there will be many for different specific lights high up in the 50 ft. ceiling across the room), just need an adjacent interface that it can plug into that picks up the cmd signal from a person using an iPad (or a laptop PC with the website on screen) likely standing in the middle of the room.
RE: What WIZnet product to use
by jbkim ·
There are some limitation as below.
I think if you don’t use the web interface, other limitation can be resolved.
RE: What WIZnet product to use
by walkabout ·
Well… The 3rd item is no problem, as I can simply implement an Arduino, etc. But (2) is a real showstopper, as definitely need to make a custom web page. What I observed in some of the WIZnet documentation, I thought were very crude examples (excuses) of webpages, however I assumed they were meant as mere simple examples, and not restrictive in shape and form.
It is simply not on/off control, and there will be other peripheral features I’ll want to add in (e.g. monitoring various environmental conditions). Regardless, I need to implement my own graphics for buttons, sliders, etc. I’ll look into this further, but if what you say is true, this WIZnet is basically useless to me. This is an unfortunate and a real drag to permit usage of this technology in any commercial application if one cannot make their own custom web page interface.
Many sincere thanks for your responses and assistance.
RE: What WIZnet product to use
by jbkim ·
I understand your requirement and thank for your valuable feedback.
Unfortunately it’s not allowed for customized web page.
However we’re now developing the web server module(Ethernet). Is it possible to use it in your project?