Cable length
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Cable length
by irinakim ·
Hi,
I will confirm about your question.
I will contact you as soon as possible.
thanks,
RE: Cable length
by irinakim ·
Hi~
We had tested about LAN cable length to below 100 meter.
Test result,W5100 has been operated without any problem. Can you test the Ping reply(from W5100)?
Do you operate Other products well when this LAN cable?
thanks
RE: Cable length
by mahdavifar ·
Hi,
Cable is OK. I have tested it with my laptop.
When I connect a cable more than 10-12 meters to W5100 it is not plug at all. All Leds go off and there is no response ( even Ping test ).
any suggestion ?
Regards
RE: Cable length
by irinakim ·
Hi,
We tested using module on the W5100. It has been operated without any problem.
Could you send me your schematic?
If you send your schematic,I’ll look over your schematic and tell you in a few days.
thanks,
RE: Cable length
by mahdavifar ·
Hi,
There is schematics of Network and Power pages attached.
I would be glad if you tell me your suggestions.
Are you a member of wiznet technical team?
Regards.
POWER.pdf (15.1 KB)
NETWORK.pdf (20.7 KB)
RE: Cable length
by irinakim ·
Hi~
Could you send me the datasheet of RJ000002(J3)?
I can’t find out the datasheet.
first, I will confirm the schematic you sent me.
thanks,
RE: Cable length
by mahdavifar ·
Hi,
I have used 49R9-%1 resistors too but it didn’t work. As you mentioned each pair has its own impedance, so is it right that we use same resistors for all pairs?
My main problem is about Analog ground ( GNDA ) and Digital ground ( GNDD ). Do we tie this together ? I found different schematics on wiznet site.
any suggestion about my schematic ? I use POE for my module.
The datasheet of RJ000002 is attached.
Regards.
RJ000002.pdf (98.2 KB)
RE: Cable length
by peter ·
Have you checked power stability when exceeds 10-12meter cable?
If Your module is applied PoE, You should be use PoE module for Power stability.
It seems like there is only bridge-diode for PoE in your schematics. But I recommend to use PoE module.
RE: Cable length
by mahdavifar ·
Hi Midnight,
So does it cause limitation on cable length ?
Regards
RE: Cable length
by mahdavifar ·
Hi Peter,
What do you mean of POE module ?
The bridge is just for protecting circuit from fault in arranging of network cable pairs that causes of negative voltage pair.
When I use longer cable, I use POE with more voltage ( e.g. 15V adapter ). The voltage is stable.
The main problem is about data signals. It seems that data signals is so weak that can not travel over the network cable more than 10-12 meters. How can I solve this problem? As I know the network chip must be capable to detect weak signals over a 90 meters cable and inject signals so powerful that can travel over a cable in same length.
Any suggestion ?
Regards