WIZ108sr UDP MODE: Transmit works but not recieving
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ108sr UDP MODE: Transmit works but not recieving
by rreynolds ·
Pin 10 is floating. And I can see that it goes high during transmit and low during receive. The high is 2.25V above base line and low is 500mV below base line.
Data signal on pins 3 and 5 looks good on both transmit and receive.
RE: WIZ108sr UDP MODE: Transmit works but not recieving
by rreynolds ·
Just some additional information…
I switched to using TCP instead of UDP. I am getting basically the same thing. I set the 108sr up as a server and connect to it from my application. I then send a modbus register query from my application. In wireshark I can see the the connection being made, the data being sent and an ACK back from the 108. But no register data. On the scope, connected to the RS485 side, I can see the query data I sent from my application and the response register data comming back from the modbus slave. The data comming from the RS485 side is ismply not getting converted to either TCP or UDP data.
RE: WIZ108sr UDP MODE: Transmit works but not recieving
by rreynolds ·
I did check the port numbers. I do believe I have a DOA WN108sr. I have a couple more coming.
Thanks for your help.
RE: WIZ108sr UDP MODE: Transmit works but not recieving
by rreynolds ·
Hi,
Thanks for your response…
I am not using RS232 at all. This is traight UDP/TCP to 485 and 485 to UDP/TCP.
I just received another device and have it connected now. I am seeing the same thing.
I send modbus requests via UDP. I can see the request datagram on Wireshark.
On the RS485 side, using a scope, I can see that the request has been converted to RS485, sent to the slave device and the slave device has responded.
I never see the response converted from RS485 to UDP datagram. Wireshark never sees the response datagram.
Any other sugestions would be greatly appreciated. If I can get this working then I am looking at purchasing several hundred of these devices per year.
RE: WIZ108sr UDP MODE: Transmit works but not recieving
by rreynolds ·
The IP and port of the test device is 192.168.1.114 and 5000.
The IP and port of the WIZ108sr is 192.168.1.113 and 5000. The remote IP and port configured on the WIZ108sr is 192.168.1.114 and 5000.
What differential voltage level dose the WIZ108sr expect to see on the RS485 side? It puts out about a 6V differential but the test device is only delivering about a 4V differential back to the WIZ108sr. Could this be a problem? It’s good clean signal in both directions just different levels.
Also, I can ping the test device, the WIZ108sr and the host laptop (192.168.1.110) that I’m using to run the configuration tool from a Windows command terminal. But I don’t seem to be able to ping anything sucesfully from the WIZ108sr confihuration tool. When I try I see something like the following in WireShark.
6931 431.045052000 192.168.1.110 192.168.1.114 NBNS 92 Name query NBSTAT *<00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00> (This line returns a header checksum error)
6961 432.558184000 192.168.1.114 192.168.1.110 ICMP 70 Destination unreachable (Port unreachable)
I can succsefully ping all of these addresses from the laptop where I’m running the WIZ108sr configuration too.