Data being transfered is corrupted
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Data being transfered is corrupted
by ywkwon ·
Which modules do you use?
When occurs the problem? (When you turn on the module?)
Is the Debug message option turn on?
RE: Data being transfered is corrupted
by jameskim ·
Hi rikotech,
How about checking serial configuration of both parts, our module and terminal program on your PC?
It happens normally when those configuration are different, for example terminal program is set with 8 bits data and no parity but our module may be set with 8 bits data and even parity.
Check it first.
Thank you.
javakys
RE: Data being transfered is corrupted
by rikotech ·
I am so sorry! I was so confussed while I was writing the topic, that I forgot to type the device name. I am working with WIZ107SR. My goal is to connect my embedded system PIC18LFxx50 to an internet, so i can monitor and control the microcontroller. To avoid the restrictions of the controller (static rs232 settings), I use http://store.comet.bg/Catalogue/Product/15369/
Via Device Terminal Program
For bether understranding I will share (till tomorow) the prtscreens with Serial Communication settings of both (Wiz107 and CHIPI-X10)
RE: Data being transfered is corrupted
by rikotech ·
[quote=“ywkwon”]Which modules do you use?
When occurs the problem? (When you turn on the module?)
Is the Debug message option turn on?[/quote]
The device is Wiz107sr
The problem occures, each time the connection is established(communication led lights)
The Debug message option turned on?
RE: Data being transfered is corrupted
by jameskim ·
I can’t really understand why you got such a wrong result.
Corrupted serial data results from mismatched serial setting, but according to your first post you said that you did check it several times.
So, I can’t expect what may be the reason.
There are two types of WIZ107SR and several hardware revision types for it.
Would you check its revision number and whether it has RS232 transceiver chip ?
Its revision number is written on the board with white silk and you can find out whether there is RS232 transceiver or not, when you see the bottom side of WIZ107SR.
Anyway, I hope you check all configuration once more because, you know,we miss a chance to find a howler.
I have also many experiences that I found out the reason which was annoying me for several days is because of my foolish mistake and I wondered why I couldn’t seek the reason then.
rikotech, please check it again.
Thank you.
javakys.