WIZ127SR and RTS and baud rate 1843200 Bd
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ127SR and RTS and baud rate 1843200 Bd
by Janasek ·
My problem is simple - I need to sent serial data to WIZ127 as fast as possible, so I activate RTS/CTS handshake and I have a simple loop: wait for RTS=high=3.3 V, then sent a byte to module. It works well when I connect Ethernet port directly to PC - I can transfer some millions of bytes without any mistake. When I connect module through 100 Mbit switch into simple local network I sometimes lose data probably due traffic but I expect that when Ethernet is busy WIZ127 stops receiving from serial link by falling RTS down but RTS stays always high and I lose data.
RE: WIZ127SR and RTS and baud rate 1843200 Bd
by ywkwon ·
Flow control works when the buffer overflow occurs.
It looks in the your environment, buffer overflow does not have to occur, so that flow control does not occur.
The WIZ127SR, the amount of processing is often internally. Therefore, if you transfer a lot of data at a time at high speed Baud Rate, there is a possibility that some bytes loss.
Turn off all of the options that do not use like Debug message, NTP, DNS, and Serial Congifuration.
And please try to test it a little down the Baud Rate.
RE: WIZ127SR and RTS and baud rate 1843200 Bd
by Janasek ·
I understand that processor can be busy, but I suppose that when it can’t accept data for any reason, it sets RTS to 0, without this I think higher baud rates have no sense. Missing data is unacceptable for me.