WizFi630-EVB impedance matching
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WizFi630-EVB impedance matching
by ssekim ·
Hello Vitor
I just already sent to you some files related with WizFi630-EVB.
Please refer to them.
RE: WizFi630-EVB impedance matching
by vmsbarbosa ·
Hello,
in the ethernet signals from WizFi630, according to the pcb line dimensions my line impedance calculus for:
w=0,2mm (width of the lines)
d=0,2mm (space between differential lines)
And to Z0=100ohms(±4ohms) I have:
h=0,5 to 0,6mm (thickness of the dielectric) (my estimation)
er=4,2 to 4,7 (electric permitivity constant typical on FR4 laminates)(my estimation)
Zdiff=130ohms (differential line impedance on line pairs)(my estimation)
Is it possible to confirm it?
Best regards,
Vitor Barbosa
RE: WizFi630-EVB impedance matching
by peter ·
If you get through impedance calculus and keep routing rule of pair-line,
I think that is no problem for operation. But, We can’t guarantee.
Thanks
RE: WizFi630-EVB impedance matching
by vmsbarbosa ·
OK,
I have worked a big part of my life in PCB design for high-speed signals(from 622MHz to 10GHz) and a 100MHz signal on FR4 should have a wavelentgh in the order of 1.2m to 1.6m, depending on th type of dielectric. So, in this conditions(100MHZ,…)if the line distance from the module to the transformer is less then 10cm a reflection from a mismatched line should be negligible in the time domain.
Anyway, as I ignore what are the default parameters for ethernet drivers I have searched a lot and apparently it is assumed among different manufacturers typical values for the ethernet drivers:
I don’t know if this is true for wiznet ethernet drivers but I want to think that this is also recomended for them.
So, my conclusion for the Wizfi630-EVB differential lines is that they work not for having correctly matched/dimensioned lines but for exhibiting negligible reflections.
Based on gerbers analysis, this EVB only has two routing layers and no power planes, so for having a PCB stack with
w=0,2mm(microstrip line width)
d=0,2mm(differential microstrip line spacing)
t=17.5um
er=4.2
h(dielectric high) sould be 0.12mm for a Z0=50mm and Zdiff=100ohm. This h value is not reasonable for manufacturing on a standard FR4 laminate.
These simulations and calculus were made on free Saturn PCB toolkit and confirmed with Txline.
The only thing I would like to know, as it not detailed on WizFi630 documentation, is if it is recommended to have Zdiff=100Ohm and Z0=50ohm on differential pairs. According to WizFi630 schematic this assumption seems to be coherent.
Best regards,
Vitor Barbosa
RE: WizFi630-EVB impedance matching
by carraspx ·
[quote=“ssekim”]Hello Vitor
I just already sent to you some files related with WizFi630-EVB.
Please refer to them.[/quote]
Hi ssekim,
Could you please send me those files via email as well? I’m doing the same kind of work and I could really use them.
Cheers,
Pablo C.
RE: WizFi630-EVB impedance matching
by ssekim ·
Hello Pablo
I just sent the files to you.
Please refer to them.