Wiz830mj and UDP
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Wiz830mj and UDP
by Sergey ·
I use short packets with different lengths (1-40 bytes). When I use port 5000 wireshark forms a message “Malformed packet, Exception occured” and recognized protocol as YAMI, not UDP. I’ve tried port 5001 and wireshark didn’t find any problems and recognized protocol as UDP, but in both cases wiz830 gives me wrong data (all values are wrong). In wireshark data block of the packet is completely the same as I transmit from PC.
When I send one packet from PC it’s processed more or less correctly (except wrong data block), but after the second packet everything is wrong: source IP, port number, packet size, so I have to restart host processor’s programme.
I analyzed TCP packets with wireshark and found out that port 5000 is recognized as a port for “GSM over IP” and error message is given out, but data is transmitted correctly anyway.
RE: Wiz830mj and UDP
by Sergey ·
mtyper=0x00ff; tmsr0=0x08; rmsr0=0x08. I work with 16 bits bus, so I used following commands :
IOWR(W5300,0x0020,0x0800) and IOWR(W5300,0x0028,0x0800). In case of TCP this works normally and data is always transmitted and received correctly. I tried 0x0808 values for tmsr01 and rmsr01 and UDP receiving process went on NORMALLY (data was correct). What do I do wrong? Anyway, thank you very much for the progress I’ve made.