Serial port#1 not communicate
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Wireless
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Serial port#1 not communicate
by ssekim ·
Hello aktivo
If TCP-Client in your PC succeed in connecting WizFi630, there is no problem in WizFi630-configuration.
And if you select , you have only to connect TxD, RxD and GND, as you said.
Please, try it again as below.
Use the another TCP port (like 5001)
check the below option in web page and uncheck it.
<serial setting - data packing option - command mode - enable(enable : HW GPIO used)>
Steve
RE: Serial port#1 not communicate
by aktivo ·
I try change TCP port from 5000 to 5005 - nothing transfered.
Then, i try uncheck ‘Command Mode’ for serial port#1 and something happened.
Transfer data from PC over TCP to WizFI630 serial port#1, then to COM port 2 on PC works fine.
But transfer data back: From PC COM port 2 to WizFI630, then to PC over TCP doesn’t works.
When i try serial port#2 (TCP port 5001) with same connector - data transfered ok in both directions.
I don’t understand where i make mistake.
I have connected some leds from WizFI630 pins:
pin 39 (EJT_TDO) - UART2 Tx/Rx LED
pin 33 (LINK_LED_0) - LAN port 0 Link LED
pin 13 (WLAN_LED) - Wireless Init / Active
pin 41 (EJT_TDI) - UART1 Tx/Rx LED
pin 48 (I2C_SD) - Run LED (GPIO1)
Can some of these LEDs make trouble?
RE: Serial port#1 not communicate
by ssekim ·
Hello aktivo
(1)
I want to check WizFi630’s mode.
To check this, please send the following data to WizFi630 via serial and let me know the result.
“”
If WizFi630 is a Command mode, it will return WizFi630’s version information.
(2)
It sounds like you are testing with <your PCB + WizFi630>.
How do you test it?
<WizFi630+WizFi630-EVB> or <WizFi630+your PCB>?
Steve
RE: Serial port#1 not communicate
by aktivo ·
Hello Steve,
I switch serial #1 to command mode and i try send via COM port on PC to WizFI630, but no answer from WizFI630.
If i try send (Command Mode Enabled) via TCP to WizFI630 - no answer.
If i try send (Command Mode Disabled) via TCP to WizFI630, then no answer, but text is transfered on COM port (on PC). If i try send via COM port to WizFI630 (Command Mode Disabled) – no answer, no data transfered to other side.
I switch serial #2 to command mode and i try send via TCP to WizFI630 - no answer, but text is transfered to COM port on PC.
If i try send via COM port on PC to WizFI630 – no answer, but text is transfered via TCP to other side.
Same situation is, when Command Mode is Disabled.
I have own PCB (no original EVB) + WizFI630.
(see attachment)
I use this cable to communicate between PC and WizFI630 (only Rx, Tx and GND is connected):
[url]http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Cables/DS_TTL-232R_CABLES.pdf[/url]
WizFI630_Aktivo.zip (1.47 MB)
RE: Serial port#1 not communicate
by ssekim ·
Hello Aktivo
I succeeded communication with WizFi630-EVB and configuration which you sent me.
So, I think that this problem is not about the configuration.
How about check the h/w, again?
RE: Serial port#1 not communicate
by aktivo ·
Hello Steve,
i solved this problem.
PCB is OK, WizFI630 is OK.
My cable connector for Serial port #1 was bad.
Short between RxD and DSR_N make this problem.
I repair connector and it works fine.
I have 10 pins cable connector for WizFI630 serial #1, but only 3 pins are used: TxD, RxD and GND.
On WizFI630 PCB is 10 pins connector (on PCB). There are all serial #1 pins (RTS, CTS, …) + Power and GND.
I check more than 10 times cable for short-circuit. Not short between any of three pins was detected, but in cable connector was short between RxD and DSR pin. When i plug connector to PCB, RxD pin was connect with DSR.
I did brute-force check all pins vs all pins to detect short on PCB, but i didn’t found any short.
)
))
I was search problem for more than 3 hours.
Thanks you for your time and patience.
WizFI630 is very, very, very excellent product.
PS: Sorry for my english.
RE: Serial port#1 not communicate
by ssekim ·
Hello aktivo
You did a good job.
Anyway, congratulation for solving the problem by yourself.
Steve
RE: Serial port#1 not communicate
by Silvermann ·
Hello Everybody, sorry for my bad English, but i have a question.
How i can send data from my computer via wifi to the RS232?
What i have to do?
I use the WizFi630.
Thank you for your Replay
RE: Serial port#1 not communicate
by ssekim ·
Hello Silvermann
Please, refer to the below file.
There are several example about serial-to-wifi-communication.
[url]http://wiznet.co.kr/UpLoad_Files/ReferenceFiles/WizFi630-QuickStartGuide_En_V1_1.pdf[/url]