[From QnA]WIZ812MJ Startup Status
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
IO Modules
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: [From QnA]WIZ812MJ Startup Status
by wiznetmuseum ·
Let me put it this way, I am following iEthernet bootcamp for my project and my program’s failing when I do the following:
//SOCKET INTI******************************************************
do{
wr_wiz_reg(Sn_MR_UDP,Sn_MR(0)) //protocol = UDP
wr_wiz_reg(0x00,Sn_PORT0(0)) //well-known ECHO port
wr_wiz_reg(0x07,Sn_PORT1(0))
wr_wiz_reg(Sn_CR_OPEN,Sn_CR(0)) //give the open command
if(rd_wiz_reg(Sn_SR(0)) != SOCK_UDP) //wait for the socket to come online
wr_wiz_reg(Sn_CR_CLOSE,Sn_CR(0))
}while(rd_wiz_reg(Sn_SR(0)) != SOCK_UDP)
My Sn_SR(0) is always showing 0x00 instead of SOCK_UDP. Ping works though.
RE: [From QnA]WIZ812MJ Startup Status
by wiznetmuseum ·
Why my chip gets warm if no ethernet cable is connected to it ?
I am using TCP mode to communicate with the chip. I am using socket 0 for this communication and facing an issue. I connect to the WIZ812MJ via hyper terminal, and I am successfully able to establish the connection. If I close the connection from terminal, I get the interrupt of close and everything goes fine…
If my network connection gets interrupted ( if i turn the network switch off or disconnect the cable from my PC), I dont get any disconnect interrupt on the module, furthermore, I tried to solve this issue by timely checking the Socket status register, and I found that it is giving me 0x17 ( SOCK_ESTABLISHED ) status. If I try to connect back from my PC, I can not get connected cause my SOCK is not in listening mode, and module is not able to detect that my previous connection was disconnected.
How to check for this scenario ?
RE: [From QnA]WIZ812MJ Startup Status
by wiznetmuseum ·
Hello,
Thanks.