WIZ750SR Stuck in AT Mode
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Serial-to-Ethernet & ConfigTool
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: WIZ750SR Stuck in AT Mode
by Fife ·
After some tinkering, I found a couple things:
I had accidentally made the UART connections the wrong way around (TX/RX), this partially solves my issue, as now I can send data over the UART connection.
The module boots up in AT mode when it is powered on while there is a physical connection to the Ethernet port. If I disconnect the Ethernet cable when powering it on, the device goes into TCP Server mode. This behavior is still a mystery to me.
Although I have partially solved the issue, I am now running into another issue that has been posted here before with no resolution.
When I connect to the TCP server, there is no output from the TCP server when sending data through the UART. Furthermore, after sending a few messages, I get an error output on the debug line: “UART Rx Ring buffer Full”. Similarly to the other post, I cannot see any of the data on the debug line, despite the “Serial Debug”->Enable with data being selected.
How can I resolve this issue?
RE: RE: WIZ750SR Stuck in AT Mode
by draoude ·
Hello,
I have a similar error as Fife.
When the Ethernet cable is plugged, my WIZ750SR goes strait into AT mode.
I can exit this mode with "EX\r\n" but I run into another issue. The link is only one way, I can send data over TCP and get it on the serial port but not the other way around. The only bytes that the device seems react to in "GW Mode" are the "+++" which activates the AT mode.
Also there is light on LED D1 but not on D2, D3, D4 or D5
I also got this strange message "phy id detect error!!"
Did I do something wrong ?
RE: RE: WIZ750SR Stuck in AT Mode
by Alan WIZnet ·
Is the module you are using WIZ750SR-110 or WIZ750SR?
When you power it on and connect the Ethernet cable, does it immediately connect in AT-Mode?
If so, what kind of board is connected to the WIZ750SR?
RE: RE: WIZ750SR Stuck in AT Mode
by draoude ·
Hello Alan,
I'm using the WIZ750SR-TTL Ver1.2.
Right now I'm using two FTDI 3V3, one on the "debug" uart and one on the "data" uart. On the Ethernet side, is plug cable is plugged into an USB Ethernet adapter on my computer.
Ethernet plugged before boot:
> SEG:AT Mode
> SEGCP:UDP:STARTED
Ethernet plugged after boot:
> SEGCP:UDP:STARTED
> SEG:TCP_SERVER_MODE:SOCKOPEN"
Ethernet plugged during boot:
> SEG:AT Mode
> SEGCP:UDP:STARTED"
The "phy id detect error!!" is happening in all cases.
RE: RE: WIZ750SR Stuck in AT Mode
by draoude ·
Hello Alan,
I just realized that the whole time I've been flashing the wrong firmware ("WIZ750SR-1XXv142_incl_boot.bin" instead of "WIZ750SRv142_incl_boot.bin" ) . Next time I'll be more careful reading the firmware names !
It's working fine now.
Thank you for your time !