W5500-EVB-Pico MCU not connecting to Ethernet
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico MCU not connecting to Ethernet
by taylor ·
Hello,
From your message, it seems like there is an issue with DHCP allocation.
RE: RE: W5500-EVB-Pico MCU not connecting to Ethernet
by Itai Savin ·
Are these changes made in the computer I connect ethernet to, or are these change I make in the code? From my own searches on the topic, my understanding is that an “appropriate ID” is one which is not used in the network (computer, other connections, etc.) which the ethernet module connects to, correct?
If you could refer me to a single, all-inclusive example of the changes to make, I would greatly appreciate it!
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico MCU not connecting to Ethernet
by taylor ·
I don’t know what change you’re talking about.
DHCP is UDP communication that requests an IP from a DHCP Server. It would be a good idea to first check if your PC and UDP are normal.
There is an example of basically sending and receiving data using UDP in Arduino. Run this and check if the network status is normal first.
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico MCU not connecting to Ethernet
by Itai Savin ·
Hello, I apologize for the late reply.
Long story short, with your help and some online examples, I was able to create a server on the W5500-EVB-Pico. Then I opened the browser on the connected PC, typed the IP address I manually set, and the data started showing up.
Now I am wondering how I can save the data which is coming in onto a file on said PC. Is there like a short Python script I can write or something? By the way, I am using a modified version of the built-in WebServer example.
RE: W5500-EVB-Pico MCU not connecting to Ethernet
by taylor ·
Congratulations on getting the W5500-EVB-Pico to work as a Webserver. For the implementation you’re looking to achieve, it would be a good idea to search on Google or GitHub.
There are many IoT projects collected from various communities on WIZnet Maker.io. Please take a look here as well.