Problem with rec_size (Sn_RX_RD) in tcp server mode
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Ethernet Chips
No replies yet. Be the first to reply.
Join the discussion.
Share projects and connect with makers.
Joined before the site update? first.
New to WIZnet Makers?
We sent a verification link to your address. Open it to activate your account, then log in.
Accounts from this email provider are reviewed by an administrator after verification. Approval usually takes one business day.
Already have an account?
Enter your email address. If it belongs to an account, we'll send a link to set a new password. Members who joined before the site update use this to set their password.
If an account uses that address, we sent a link to set a new password. The link works once and expires in 30 minutes.
Know your password?
Need an account?
RE: Problem with rec_size (Sn_RX_RD) in tcp server mode
by Eugeny ·
Read RX_RD, RX_WR and RX_RSR every time you:
This info may help in troubleshooting.
RE: Problem with rec_size (Sn_RX_RD) in tcp server mode
by Sergey ·
Now I see that the problem is with reading S0_RX_RD value. I write it correctly to W6100.
But the problem sometimes occurs with S0_RX_RD reading from W6100. And this is very specific error: second byte of S0_RX_RD value becomes high byte, and low byte becomes 0x00. So I read 5 S0_RX_RD 5 times in a row (address = 0x0228, BS = 0x08) and, for example, get 65464 (= 0xFFB8), 65464, 47104 (=0xB800), 47104, 47104. It means that sometimes I get correct value and sometimes I get shifted value (<<8).
I read S0_RX_RD values before adding rec_size to it.
I check reading process and see that W6100 gives wrong values (in case of correct value
0xFFB8 data[5] gets ‘1’ and ‘0’ values, in case of 0xB800 data[5] gets ‘0’ and ‘0’).
RE: RE: Problem with rec_size (Sn_RX_RD) in tcp server mode
by Eugeny ·
How do you control parallel bus - in particular can you please show exact read/write cycle timing involving all control signals and data latch/set timings?
RE: Problem with rec_size (Sn_RX_RD) in tcp server mode
by Sergey ·
During meticulous checking of read transaction I noticed that interference sometimes influences RD jump-wire (I use jump-wires to connect breadboard with installed wiz610mj and evaluation board with host processor).
So, it seems that on a single board everything must be OK.
Eugeny, thanks for assistance.